Bug: Cannot insert second seed into Discipline

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

pjolterbeist
Initiate

Bug: Cannot insert second seed into Discipline

Post by pjolterbeist » September 20th, 2018, 7:54 am

Found a puzzle weapon and solved the first ring and inserted a gem. After solving the handle puzzle a seed holder opens up, but clicking a purple seed to insert does nothing. Closing the puzzle weapon forces me to solve the handle puzzle again. I still cannot insert a purple seed.

There is no feedback of any kind.

Huttj
Initiate

Re: Bug: Cannot insert second seed into Discipline

Post by Huttj » September 21st, 2018, 3:20 am

pjolterbeist wrote: ↑
September 20th, 2018, 7:54 am
Found a puzzle weapon and solved the first ring and inserted a gem. After solving the handle puzzle a seed holder opens up, but clicking a purple seed to insert does nothing. Closing the puzzle weapon forces me to solve the handle puzzle again. I still cannot insert a purple seed.

There is no feedback of any kind.
Are you inspecting it from your inventory, or while equipped? There's various bugs at present if trying to solve a puzzle weapon with it equipped. Dunno if this is among them.

Oldschool Roleplayer
Scholar

Post by Oldschool Roleplayer » September 21st, 2018, 9:42 am

I just had the same question answered on the Puzzle Weapon thread.

Once you solve the puzzle, the claw will open up to insert a seed. Hover your mouse over the claw, and a pop-up box will appear, allowing you to choose which seed you wish to insert.

It wasn't intuitive for me, either.

DanielCoffey
Acolyte

Post by DanielCoffey » September 21st, 2018, 10:23 am

If the bow is equipped at the time, however, the second puzzle stage will not stick and the gem is lost. It is lost at the next zone transition.

For example, while the party are in the Adventurer's Guild equip the bow on a party member. From the equipped inventory screen, Inspect the bow. Give it the first gem and be told the first debuff. Solve the sliding puzzle, give it another Moonstone and get told the new debuff. Zone outside and Inspect the bow again. The second debuff is gone and so is your gem.

saeanen
Initiate

Post by saeanen » October 14th, 2018, 4:13 pm

The seed is the same white color for discipline.