Puzzle weapon

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

eisberg
Scholar

Re: Puzzle weapon

Post by eisberg » September 4th, 2018, 3:39 pm

Drool wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 3:10 pm
Gizmo wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 2:02 pm
With GoG, they do provide full offline installers with every purchase.
Which still take up hard drive space. I don't have all my GOG games either.
Burn the installers to a disk. GoG puts all installation files in max of 4gb.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » September 4th, 2018, 4:07 pm

Even if I had a burner, I probably wouldn't do that.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » September 4th, 2018, 4:24 pm

Drool wrote:
Gizmo wrote:
That's a good use for Blueray discs. I have all of mine—that matter. ;)

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » September 5th, 2018, 10:35 am

Drool wrote:
Gizmo wrote:
I download the GoG games to a storage drive using View Downloads -> More -> GoG Downloader Links
You can set up the downloader to put the files where you like and every once in a while I check for updates and do the same again which over writes the old files.

A USB connected drive or a large stoage drive works great and I back it all up to my NAS every month or so (523 games with the linked Stam/GOG accounts)

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » September 5th, 2018, 10:37 am

Gizmo wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 4:24 pm
Drool wrote:
Gizmo wrote:
That's a good use for Blueray discs. I have all of mine—that matter. ;)
I think a 4TB WD red drive would be better for long term storage and BluRays are kind of expensive if you have a terrabyte of game files
GoG uninstalled game files alone take up 1.13 TB for me, I have a big internal drive for storage but you can use a fairly cheap 2-4 TB drive connected to USB and then keep it powered down unless you want to add or update things.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » September 7th, 2018, 6:28 pm

immagikman wrote:
September 5th, 2018, 10:37 am
I think a 4TB WD red drive would be better for long term storage and BluRays are kind of expensive if you have a terrabyte of game files
GoG uninstalled game files alone take up 1.13 TB for me, I have a big internal drive for storage but you can use a fairly cheap 2-4 TB drive connected to USB and then keep it powered down unless you want to add or update things.
It's true... but I just have a problem using fast dynamic storage as just a static archive—cheap or not.

_________

I watched Drool's Barrows Deep gameplay video, and I am inclined to agree with his stated opinions of it.

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » September 14th, 2018, 10:22 am

Gizmo wrote:
September 7th, 2018, 6:28 pm
It's true... but I just have a problem using fast dynamic storage as just a static archive—cheap or not.
_________

I watched Drool's Barrows Deep gameplay video, and I am inclined to agree with his stated opinions of it.
Yeah Im a bit of a different type I don't care what it was designed for I use it the way I see fit :D Comes from a long line of stubborn ;)

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » September 18th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Ive found Kaels Axe and the fire horn but cant find the redboots DLC nor Bardic Brians Booty, the 4 items should have been in the AG.

Ok I found Brians booty but no sign of the boots I thought that THIS time there were actually going to be boots, guess not

Pacatus
Developer

Post by Pacatus » September 18th, 2018, 8:36 pm

immagikman wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 8:05 pm
Ive found Kaels Axe and the fire horn but cant find the redboots DLC nor Bardic Brians Booty, the 4 items should have been in the AG.

Ok I found Brians booty but no sign of the boots I thought that THIS time there were actually going to be boots, guess not
Boots are in the Skara Brae Underground Courtyard. They should be flickering and blue highlighted.

Qhue
Initiate

Post by Qhue » September 19th, 2018, 1:10 am

The UI on the puzzle weapons is a bit annoying. I kept accidentally moving the handle pieces on Kael's Axe when I was trying to just rotate the handle

I also have no idea what to do for the third Kael's Axe puzzle. I click the green gem and a collar or something lifts up but there's nothing I can click on or move afterwards. Anything I do just cancels back to the external view.

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » September 19th, 2018, 8:47 am

Pacatus wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 8:36 pm
immagikman wrote:
September 18th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Boots are in the Skara Brae Underground Courtyard. They should be flickering and blue highlighted.
Thanks Ill look for them, I guess I was being too literal in reading the instructions.

chaney
Acolyte

Post by chaney » September 19th, 2018, 6:54 pm

Are you referring to the area by the AG? I checked and found no boots. Just found what area that is
, and found the boots.

Corgano
Initiate

Post by Corgano » September 19th, 2018, 11:52 pm

Hi,

My mage character just made it to the Guild for the first time. I see the axe and horn, but that's all. I can't get them at all because they don't highlight or anything. Is there something special I need to do first? Or is this because I'm a mage?

Thanks,
Corgano

chaney
Acolyte

Post by chaney » September 20th, 2018, 5:59 am

Did you load the code from the email before starting your game?

rmcoen
Acolyte

Post by rmcoen » September 20th, 2018, 9:08 am

I don't get the puzzle part. Maybe I'm having a graphic issue or a bug. I see nothing when I Inspect the axe or sword, just a 3D model that I can rotate. and the green glowy Elven puzzle shrines make no sense to me either.

Do the crash-to-desktop bugs reported at the beginning of this thread still happen?

Vandor
Acolyte

Post by Vandor » September 20th, 2018, 9:24 am

Qhue wrote:
September 19th, 2018, 1:10 am
I click the green gem and a collar or something lifts up but there's nothing I can click on or move afterwards. Anything I do just cancels back to the external view.
I'm having the same issue with two puzzle weapons (Kael and a mace I crafted). The third puzzle seems broken. I also noticed that if you craft the elven mace, it does not give the normal blunt weapon benefit of reducing opportunity cost on Head Knocker.
Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Danimal66
Initiate

Post by Danimal66 » September 20th, 2018, 10:56 am

So with the Axe I solved the first 2 parts but the 3rd part won't let me select it to add anything.

The sword i solved the first part but again can't select the pommel for the next puzzle

The bow solved the first part, second part seems like a piece missing for it. No idea what to do with that.

Also what are the spots for where you can add elven weapons?

Vandor
Acolyte

Post by Vandor » September 20th, 2018, 11:51 am

Danimal66 wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 10:56 am
So with the Axe I solved the first 2 parts but the 3rd part won't let me select it to add anything.

The sword i solved the first part but again can't select the pommel for the next puzzle

The bow solved the first part, second part seems like a piece missing for it. No idea what to do with that.

Also what are the spots for where you can add elven weapons?
Sometimes the weapon only has one part. That might be the case with your sword. The "piece missing" might be the picture puzzle, where you rotate the little square pieces around until you complete the picture. It would have 7 squares in a 2x4 grid. Do you have a screenshot?
Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

Corgano
Initiate

Post by Corgano » September 21st, 2018, 2:46 am

chaney wrote:
September 20th, 2018, 5:59 am
Did you load the code from the email before starting your game?
Hi, nope I didn't. I did find the code in my directory, inputed it, and went into the Guild and was able to get the 2 items. TY for the reply.

Another question, I now am looking for the 4th item but am unsure of where to look for it at. I have the axe, horn, and boots currently. Any hints?

Thanks again,
Corgano

chaney
Acolyte

Post by chaney » September 21st, 2018, 4:50 am

If you are referring to the Brian's Booty, it is the trunk in the lower level of the AG.