Puzzle weapon

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

sirchaox1224
Novice

Re: Puzzle weapon

Post by sirchaox1224 » July 19th, 2018, 1:50 pm

Trying to avoid spoilers, so I read very little of this thread, but I am also crashing to desktop when I try to solve the Elven Long Sword puzzle. I submitted a crash log through the feedback system. Please fix ASAP so I can continue playing. :(

Pacatus
Developer

Post by Pacatus » July 19th, 2018, 3:23 pm

Hi guys, I will make sure to communicate these to the team. By outlining your steps, trying different things (like splitting the stacks), and other information is extremely helpful. Once I have more information for you guys I will let you know as soon as possible. Our QA lead and I both did a recent playthrough with the discipline dagger and didn't see this issue.

Zadkiel
Explorer

Post by Zadkiel » July 20th, 2018, 7:23 am

I too had crash to desktop with the sword/thistle. When I submitted the bug report I included all the relevant crash log files, hopefully those can help you identify the cause.

Hawkeye
Novice

Post by Hawkeye » July 20th, 2018, 10:31 am

Zadkiel wrote:
July 20th, 2018, 7:23 am
I too had crash to desktop with the sword/thistle. When I submitted the bug report I included all the relevant crash log files, hopefully those can help you identify the cause.
Same for me.
Of course I belive in peace - peace through superior firepower

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » July 20th, 2018, 12:31 pm

Sphinx wrote:
July 14th, 2018, 8:19 pm
I got the Elven Sword. I added the purple seed and got a CTD. Maybe I'll try it in windowed mode or something.
This started happening to me after the 1.1 patch I subhmitted a ticket about it. it doesnt matter what graphics mode you use Ive tried every combo I could think of and it is just broken.

guildmaster
Initiate

Post by guildmaster » July 20th, 2018, 11:28 pm

I had the same problem with the Elven longsword. I put the violote seed into the hilt and it crashed to desktop.

chaney
Acolyte

Post by chaney » July 22nd, 2018, 9:04 am

I have the same "Fatal Error" issue when I put the thistle in the Elven Long Sword pommel. I did the bug report, but have not heard anything back. I tried playing further in the game and trying it again. No luck. DEV's HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phimseto
Adventurer

Post by phimseto » July 22nd, 2018, 10:11 am

chaney wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 9:04 am
I have the same "Fatal Error" issue when I put the thistle in the Elven Long Sword pommel. I did the bug report, but have not heard anything back. I tried playing further in the game and trying it again. No luck. DEV's HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
All of this is being looked at, but keep in mind that some of this stuff may be fixed but not until the launch version.

Vandor
Acolyte

Post by Vandor » July 22nd, 2018, 10:19 am

Thanks for the updates Phimseto. Would you be able to tell us what is being considered for the next beta patch/release? Are there any quests or areas that will be unlocked as a result, direct or indirect, of the next release?
Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun.

chaney
Acolyte

Post by chaney » July 22nd, 2018, 10:45 am

phimseto wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 10:11 am
chaney wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 9:04 am
All of this is being looked at, but keep in mind that some of this stuff may be fixed but not until the launch version.
Since we are supposed to be able to transfer our characters from the Beta to the released game, will the fix be done in such a way, to enable that still, or will we have to create new characters?

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » July 22nd, 2018, 11:32 am

chaney wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 10:45 am
Since we are supposed to be able to transfer our characters from the Beta to the released game
...we are?
Alwa nasci korliri das.

chaney
Acolyte

Post by chaney » July 22nd, 2018, 11:59 am

I thought I read that in one of the updates. I looked back, and it may be the fact that key will be the same. Not sure now.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » July 22nd, 2018, 12:37 pm

I would presume the key is the same. Most games I've had beta copies of, the full version breaks all previous saves.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » July 22nd, 2018, 12:47 pm

I am sure that I read that activating the Beta chooses the platform [Steam] that you receive your copy of the game, but that you can contact them to arrange a transfer to another—like GoG.

immagikman
Scholar

Post by immagikman » July 22nd, 2018, 3:10 pm

Gizmo wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 12:47 pm
I am sure that I read that activating the Beta chooses the platform [Steam] that you receive your copy of the game, but that you can contact them to arrange a transfer to another—like GoG.
Heaven help me is steam ever goes out of business, almost 500 games there with only a handful installed at any one time :P

Mamut
Initiate

Post by Mamut » August 3rd, 2018, 6:52 am

taelnia wrote:
July 19th, 2018, 12:37 pm
I got the puzzle long sword from pulling out of the guy's head. I put the violet gem in and it unlocked to an acidic blade. I then saved my game and played some more before stopping for lunch. When I re-launched the game and loaded my last save, the blade was back to an unsolved version, and any time I try to insert a violet gem now, the game immediately crashes to desktop.
Have the same trouble

agris
Novice

Post by agris » September 4th, 2018, 11:02 am

Pacatus wrote:
July 19th, 2018, 3:23 pm
Hi guys, I will make sure to communicate these to the team. By outlining your steps, trying different things (like splitting the stacks), and other information is extremely helpful. Once I have more information for you guys I will let you know as soon as possible. Our QA lead and I both did a recent playthrough with the discipline dagger and didn't see this issue.
In the Steam beta, I get a CTD when placing the purple seed into the Elven Longsword. This is with a stack of two seeds. I also tried selling one seed so that there was only one in my inventory, and it also resulted in a CTD. I thought that the first page of my inventory being full could be the culprit, so I cleared a 3x1 slot in it, sold one seed, and still it resulted in a CTD. Is there a workaround for those of us with the crash? I'm playing in 2560x1600 and the game doesn't respect any of my resolution options, fwiw.

edit: placing a different type of seed gave me a cursed longsword, so the bug is specific to solving the puzzle with the purple seed.

thebruce
Forum Moderator

Post by thebruce » September 4th, 2018, 1:36 pm

immagikman wrote:
July 22nd, 2018, 3:10 pm
Heaven help me is steam ever goes out of business, almost 500 games there with only a handful installed at any one time :P
That's my one biggest concern with digital-only 'purchases'. At least when you get physical copies you know you won't lost it if the service recording your purchase, let alone holding what you own, goes under. So I'm glad the BT4 kickstarter includes digital AND physical.
And, I sense the days of launch-day lineups and parties are going the way of the dodo the more companies adopt digital-only distro. =/
Visit BardsTaleOnline.com - your community Bard's Tale classic RPG resource!
Twitter: @BardsTaleOnline / Facebook: Bards.Tale.Online
@thebruce0

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » September 4th, 2018, 2:02 pm

With GoG, they do provide full offline installers with every purchase. 8-)

I don't buy from Steam—except (rarely) through Humble Bundle, and only if it cannot be found on GoG.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » September 4th, 2018, 3:10 pm

Gizmo wrote:
September 4th, 2018, 2:02 pm
With GoG, they do provide full offline installers with every purchase.
Which still take up hard drive space. I don't have all my GOG games either.
Alwa nasci korliri das.