No way to respec? Mods or save editing¿?

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.
R4mic
Initiate

Heya!

BT4 has been in my backlog and library for quite a while, finally went onwards in the game and its been 4 hours, after searching google for a bit it seems the mercenary tokens (wich would be a way to respec?) do not work?¿

In a game that requires trial and error with (lots of) build adjustments, having no way to respec is a terrible design choice. I had an awful time with that in Pillars of Eternity.
I get it for old Baldur's Gate series as the game had tons of replay value (with little else to play at the time) or Diablo 2 as quick leveling multiple chars was a thing.
But in 2018 where play time is a lot more valuable, and in a "one and done" title? (I'll wager nobody replays this)

Gonna restart my game and try to check back here in a few days, probably there will be no reply telling me of a way to respec... But hey you never know!
At wich point I'll have to check online for a useful guide into each class, way to get spoiled on the mechanics and builds :(

(Really surprised to see no respec in this game. Please, have more common sense in your future designs! ^^)

TL;DR - Topic Title :)
chaney
Acolyte
badge image for ijw2ib.png

You can do it in the guild hall cellar
ZZGO
Scholar

If you have access to the Haernhold, you can respec at the dwarven shrine near the entrance iirc, even without a mercenary token.
But you need to overcome the first fight there, which is tough until you've completed the Forest of Inshriach quest.
(All going by memory here, it's been a while since I finished the game.)
R4mic
Initiate

Wow! SO there is respec!! =DDD

I stand corrected and humbly apologize.

Searched in google prior to posting and all answers I saw were "no respec even with tokens">

Many thanks to you both!

Return to “The Bard's Tale IV: Gameplay Discussion”