minor points of curiosity

For Bard's Tale IV gameplay-related discussion. May include gameplay details and spoilers.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

demeisen
Explorer

minor points of curiosity

Post by demeisen » November 26th, 2019, 10:47 am

I recently finished the game, but didn't play using online resources, so I probably missed some things. Maybe even whole areas, since i know of one or two i almost missed.

Curious:

Was it possible to give the poor guy his cabbage, carrots, and potatoes? I carted stacks of them around for most of the game, but never found a way to give them to him. Last I saw of him, he was looking rather wounded.

What about the soup nazi guy?

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: minor points of curiosity

Post by Drool » November 26th, 2019, 1:43 pm

The vegetable guy seems to be some weird joke. He shows up at the temple and gives you those three item. For soup, he shows up before you go to the destroyed Skara Brae and he gives you 30 services of Epiphany Soup which heals something like 30 per use.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

demeisen
Explorer

Post by demeisen » November 26th, 2019, 8:02 pm

Drool wrote:
November 26th, 2019, 1:43 pm
The vegetable guy seems to be some weird joke. He shows up at the temple and gives you those three item. For soup, he shows up before you go to the destroyed Skara Brae and he gives you 30 services of Epiphany Soup which heals something like 30 per use.
Thanks. Huh. I guessed I missed both interactions. If the vegetable guy is a reference to something outside the game, it went over my head. The soup guy, I figured, is a reference to the Soup Nazi.

I did see a few other weird jokes, like the Click and Clack reference (that refers to the hosts of a popular American radio show about diagnosing people's car problems). I admit it was funny, but I felt that kind of humor wasn't a good match for an RPG.

Editing to add: I thought the vegetable guy's voice actor did a decent job, though. He conveyed a lot just through inflection.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » November 27th, 2019, 9:09 pm

Veggy guy is in the temple, soup Nazi is just out side the Adventurer's Guild. I almost missed both of them.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Dork Mage
Scholar

Post by Dork Mage » November 29th, 2019, 5:34 am

Some 20 backers can assist in creating a unique NPC. Nine backers can create "Barflys." Understandably, not everyone wants to be associated with taverns... I'm guessing the vegetable vendor is a "Barfly."