bugged puzzle cannot be interacted with

For all tech support questions for The Mage's Tale.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Gnoll
Initiate

bugged puzzle cannot be interacted with

Post by Gnoll » May 11th, 2018, 2:00 am

I found the pieces of this puzzle but i seem to be having trouble grasping the movable parts I grabbed one and moved it a little now the puzzle is completely non responsive.. Any ideas whats going on here? I took a screenshot of the puzzle so you could better understand my location within the game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tnha0W ... sp=sharing .

ploog
Acolyte

Re: bugged puzzle cannot be interacted with

Post by ploog » May 11th, 2018, 8:32 pm

I recall a couple of those types of puzzle mechanisms in the game, and, IIRC, I had a tough time getting my interaction with them just right. I think I found that it was best NOT to get too close to the rings ... instead hovering my hand about 6 or so inches away. At that point, I believe a hand appeared indicating I was in the right neighborhood. Also, I don't remember if I had to "grab" the rings to rotate them. Hmmm... may be time to fire the game back up.

ploog
Acolyte

Post by ploog » May 11th, 2018, 8:40 pm

This is early in The Green Lady's Labyrinth, right?

edit: Confirmed.

And this video segment from Man of the Antz play-through demonstrates the semi-Jedi approach required for spinning the dials.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uri1goXLliw&t=14m40s

ploog
Acolyte

Post by ploog » May 22nd, 2018, 4:28 pm

I just jumped back in to the game yesterday to check a few things, this cylinder lock among them. I found two key factors in manipulating the cylinders...
  • Don't try placing your hand right on the cylinders; hover your hand maybe 6+ inches above a given cylinder; and...
  • Use the "grab" button to effectively grab a cylinder, and then slide your hand in the direction desired to effect the rotation.
Lather, rinse, repeat until you find the necessary combination.

ploog
Acolyte

Post by ploog » May 30th, 2018, 10:26 am

Gnoll wrote:
May 11th, 2018, 2:00 am
I found the pieces of this puzzle but i seem to be having trouble grasping the movable parts I grabbed one and moved it a little now the puzzle is completely non responsive.. Any ideas whats going on here? I took a screenshot of the puzzle so you could better understand my location within the game.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tnha0W ... sp=sharing .
FYI... It’s possible that just-released Patch 1.9 addresses this issue, per the release notes:
-Fixed puzzle box rotation lock not being properly interactable after a fail