Restarting a level

For all tech support questions for The Mage's Tale.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

Doum76
Initiate

Restarting a level

Post by Doum76 » April 27th, 2018, 4:23 am

Greetings, haven't found answer to my question, so here i am.

Is it possible to retart a level fresh new, i let in middle of a level and came back in later, to see that some items required weren'T respawning. (details in this thread which happens to him as well: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=18473)

So now i am not able to get what is behind a secret door. Hoping to retart a certain level not the entire adventure. :(

phimseto
Adventurer

Re: Restarting a level

Post by phimseto » May 1st, 2018, 3:01 pm

Hi Doum, from the team - not able to reproduce the bug, but also not too keen on revealing spoilers in case there's a solution here that doesn't involve you restarting anything. Can you let us know which torch is available for you and which is the missing one?

ploog
Acolyte

Post by ploog » May 3rd, 2018, 8:26 pm

My linked post provides a good description... initially vague avoiding spoilers ... and then with more details after some visible spoiler alert warnings.

See here: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=18473

phimseto
Adventurer

Post by phimseto » May 4th, 2018, 7:50 am

From the devs: You can try the panic reset mode to see if that helps. It's not a bug that they've been able to reproduce in-office. However, they think there may be a way to address it so that it doesn't happen, and it's something they're investigating for a future possible patch.

ploog
Acolyte

Post by ploog » May 4th, 2018, 9:50 am

Speaking only for my experience, the Panic Reset* didn't help reset the level and restore the missing (and necessary) object.

Thanks for the feedback; I hope the developers can find a workaround ... for future players. If you need a gamesave with the situation as described, I can probably find it and send it your way.

As an aside, I'm waiting to hear back to get a better idea what location they're referring to, but here's a link to a reddit post where a player may have found a new accidental prison: https://www.reddit.com/r/oculus/comment ... ages_tale/

* p.p.s. That said, thanks, the Panic Reset *did* allow my nephew's character to be extracted from a wall, so as to continue their journey. Sadly, he's a kid and is more into multiplayer gaming and hasn't ever gotten back to Mage's Tale after the wall incident. (Though I'm not sure if it was getting stuck in the wall or the terror he experienced from a ghost jumping-out at him that was the bigger roadblock to returning.)

phimseto
Adventurer

Post by phimseto » May 4th, 2018, 1:32 pm

Saw your excellent answer to them there. I think that's the same person who wrote our support line that we dropped a note to today, as well, and we more or less wrote back the same thing. The team tried to recreate the issue that they say their having but have not been able to at all.

ploog
Acolyte

Post by ploog » May 4th, 2018, 7:05 pm

Fingers crossed that the Panic Reset does the trick for them. Though the sorcerer not appearing seems a bit different than getting stuck in a wall.