Panic Reset mode

For all tech support questions for The Mage's Tale.
phimseto
Developer

Panic Reset mode

Post by phimseto » July 25th, 2017, 10:10 am

We have added a "Panic Reset" for players who clip into walls/get stuck in frames.

To utilize it, here is what you need to do: Hold down LeftTrigger+LeftGrip+X and RightTrigger+RightGrip+A all at once for 10 seconds.

This reloads your last save and places you at the beginning of the dungeon, where you will no longer be stuck. You will have to walk back to your location in the dungeon but will not have to complete puzzles or combats and will still have collected items.  

Xboxmember1978
Initiate

Re: Panic Reset mode

Post by Xboxmember1978 » July 25th, 2017, 12:01 pm

Was this already into the Patch 1.5 or a separate Patch? Is this going to be considered the proper final fix for this issue or are they working on being able to play the game without a crazy series of button presses to play the game?

hookman
Initiate

Post by hookman » July 26th, 2017, 12:27 am

phimseto wrote:
July 25th, 2017, 10:10 am
We have added a "Panic Reset" for players who clip into walls/get stuck in frames.

To utilize it, here is what you need to do: Hold down LeftTrigger+LeftGrip+X and RightTrigger+RightGrip+A all at once for 10 seconds.

This reloads your last save and places you at the beginning of the dungeon, where you will no longer be stuck. You will have to walk back to your location in the dungeon but will not have to complete puzzles or combats and will still have collected items.  
Thanks for implementing a workaround for us :D
I guess this is in patch 1.5 as you also posted it into that thread.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » July 26th, 2017, 7:34 am

It was originally going to be in 1.5 but it wasn't quite ready, so 1.5 went out and then we hotfixed this in at the beginning of the week. My understanding is that this is their solution to the various factors that would trigger this bug.

hookman
Initiate

Post by hookman » August 1st, 2017, 1:19 am

Thanks for the work on this.

I loaded up my broken save ready to do a panic reset, only to find I had been moved back into the correct place already by the patch, all looking good at the moment, I can now enjoy the game as it was meant to be :D

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » August 1st, 2017, 3:07 pm

Have fun!

ploog
Initiate

Re: Panic Reset mode ... success!

Post by ploog » August 14th, 2017, 7:28 pm

phimseto wrote:
July 25th, 2017, 10:10 am

Thanks much! I'm happy to report that the new reset successfully freed my nephew's mage from a wall on the Road to Roscoe's, and is now free to continue questing.