Fatal Errors

For all tech support questions for The Mage's Tale.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

MistyDW
Initiate

Fatal Errors

Post by MistyDW » September 27th, 2018, 7:36 pm

Hello!
First off, let me say I love the game. I've experienced very few issues and the quality of the voice acting and music is amazing!

When I first purchased the game mid last week, I saw the fatal error a couple times when I tried to click past one of the scripted scenes but didn't experience it again...until now.

It began during the fight at the top of the sentry tower where I received the "fatal error" message twice in a row and the game crashed. I finally made it past that fight, went to town to sell, and it happened again (out of combat).

I would imagine it has something to do with the recent patch. Do you have any suggestions for addressing this? Thanks!
Last edited by MistyDW on September 28th, 2018, 5:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

MistyDW
Initiate

Re: Fatal Errors

Post by MistyDW » September 28th, 2018, 5:51 am

I should note that the fatal error outside of combat was immediately after I exchanged one party member for another at the adventurer's guild.

MistyDW
Initiate

Post by MistyDW » September 28th, 2018, 7:49 am

I posted this question on the Steam forums as well and looks like several have experienced it as well. It appears to be linked to either playing in windowed mode or with ultra settings (change to high). I am still testing that.

ploog
Acolyte

Post by ploog » September 28th, 2018, 3:54 pm

You've posted your question to "The Mage's Tale" subforum ... understandable given the erroneous header graphic.

You may wish to post over in the appropriate Bard's Tale subforum for your issue to get its proper attention.