No sound in Mage's Tale

For all tech support questions for The Mage's Tale.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

danielprevett
Initiate

No sound in Mage's Tale

Post by danielprevett » January 8th, 2018, 7:31 pm

Every time I try to play the Mage's Tale, the game starts but I have no sound. Oculus Home has sound, as does every other game I play, with the exception of Robo Recall, which crashes on startup. I see the Unreal logo on startup, and when Robo Recall crashes it reports an error related to audio objects before it throws an exception.

Is there some logging I can turn on to try to get to the bottom of this? The game, when it worked, was quite fun and I'd like to finish it.

Since I haven't found anyone else on the internet having this issue, I have to assume that it has something to do with my system, and maybe a windows update that broke or removed something.

Thanks,
Daniel

danielprevett
Initiate

Re: No sound in Mage's Tale

Post by danielprevett » January 22nd, 2018, 3:51 pm

For anyone interested, I eventually contacted Oculus Support, and within a day or so they got me a solution. That solution was to run a Repair on the Oculus installation. That fixed both the no sound issue in The Mage's Tale, and the crashing on startup of Robo Recall.

ssdubduk
Initiate

Post by ssdubduk » February 4th, 2019, 6:47 pm

We (all of my family play it) frequently have crashes of sound. After the sound crashes the game gets glitchier and glitchier until we have to reboot the system. Sometimes it will come back with just an oculus reboot, other times we have to do a full boot.
We have also had a few fatal errors. Literally the screen goes black, we take off the head gear, and the computer screen says fatal error.
We upgraded our tower, upgraded the graphics card, and have added a third sensor, but Mage's tale keeps glitching like this on us. We haven't had it on another game yet, but this is out heaviest demand game.

So more likely an oculus issue??

JD/SSDubduk

Fresneril
Initiate

Post by Fresneril » February 7th, 2019, 3:16 am

I have the same problem....Everywhere I have a sound....but when open game...what you do in this situation?

ploog
Acolyte

Post by ploog » February 9th, 2019, 1:22 pm

ssdubduk wrote:
February 4th, 2019, 6:47 pm
We (all of my family play it) ... this is out heaviest demand game.
Love to hear you have many family members enjoying the game; I'm envious on that aspect of your post, less so the glitches.

FYI... If missing any collectibles, the following thread over on the Oculus user forums can help, without revealing spoilers: https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/d ... ent_556107