Deserted Island help, please? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

For all The Mage's Tale discussion other than tech support.
Ceramicgod
Initiate

Deserted Island help, please? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

Post by Ceramicgod » July 17th, 2017, 10:42 am

Help?

I've been stuck here for awhile. I light fireworks, shake up the bottle, found the eyeball...but then nothing.

I just keep going back and forth with no progress.

I already "iced" the sun in the solarium and replaced the moons.

What the heck. I'd like to continue with the game. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Spellunker
Initiate

Re: Deserted Island help, please? *POTENTIAL SPOILERS*

Post by Spellunker » July 17th, 2017, 6:40 pm

Could you elaborate on "but then nothing"? Is there some sort of glitch where you get stuck? or are you saying you're having trouble finding how to progress farther?

Ceramicgod
Initiate

Post by Ceramicgod » July 17th, 2017, 7:39 pm

I can't figure out what I'm supposed to do. It's not a glitch, I just don't know what to do on the desert island?

Spellunker
Initiate

Post by Spellunker » July 17th, 2017, 9:19 pm

As far as I could tell the island was just a location for the chest and its contents.

Are there any other rooms that have something you haven't figured out yet?

Ceramicgod
Initiate

Post by Ceramicgod » July 18th, 2017, 4:56 am

Apparently I'm missing something then because the main gate in the area with the water spouting statues is still closed. I've completed everything I can find to complete. SIgh.

Ceramicgod
Initiate

Post by Ceramicgod » July 18th, 2017, 6:22 am

I've extinguished the sun, re-ignited the sun, made it brighter with lightning... wtf am I supposed to do here?

I just wander in circles and the last gate in the Green Lady's labyrinth is still shut. I love the game but I'm ready to just give up.

Spellunker
Initiate

Post by Spellunker » July 18th, 2017, 7:24 am

If you've gotten all the planets and moons into their orbits and shifted them back towards the ceiling, that puzzle should be solved.

If my memory serves me, along the sides of the locked door there are three torches on each side of the door, each with it's own color. I believe each of the three light when one of the challenges are completed. Are all 3 of yours lit on each side?

Also, how many statues are *actively* spouting out water fountains?

Ceramicgod
Initiate

Post by Ceramicgod » July 18th, 2017, 8:23 am

Ok, how do you get the planets and moons back into their orbit? I've placed the two moons around their planets...is there more to that than that?

No, the torches are not lit on the door leading to the observatory. Both statues are spouting water.

Thank you for your help, btw!

Spellunker
Initiate

Post by Spellunker » July 18th, 2017, 8:32 am

When I arrived in the solarium, the sun was pretty high up near the ceiling. So I pulled it down with the lever, placed the planets, placed the moons, then raised it back up. I believe that's all I did for that room. It's possible that room isn't one of the puzzles :-/ I thought it was.

Okay, if the torches aren't lit then either you haven't accomplished the three puzzles/tasks, or something else is off.

I don't recall at which point it was necessary, but you might see if you can make the water no longer flow, without touching the cranks ;-)

Oh, and you're welcome! It's no fun when you're stuck someplace with no leads as to where to go next.

2happy
Initiate

Post by 2happy » July 18th, 2017, 8:57 am

I don't understand: Is it just the planetarium or the whole chapter, beginning with those two statues which had to be frozen?
In the planetarium are 2 puzzles, related to the 2 doors. To open the right one, you have do throw the planets gentle clockwise to the orbit of the lowered sun, wait until they fit, and place the 2 moons,
To open the left one - srry, I forgot, may be you just have to light the two torches, it was quite easy.

The goal in the chapter is, to let the 3 lights in the first statue room go out, than the 4th door will open.

In the whole area are breakable walls behind breakable walls, puzzles behind puzzles and a whole lot of enemys to fight.

I can help, but your questions should be precise and descriptive, so it easy to understand where exactly to help ;-)

Ceramicgod
Initiate

Post by Ceramicgod » July 18th, 2017, 9:16 am

I can get through both doors of the planetrium, and I've gotten the stuff out of the jack in the box toy, and I've gotten the stuff out of the chest on the deserted island. The fireworks, eyeball and bottle of seltzer water on the island do nothing?

What else am I supposed to do with the planetarium besides replace the moons? I can get into both doors.

The water is still frozen on both of the statues in the room with the cranks.

The torches are NOT LIT on the door going to the planetarium area.

This is getting very frustrating....the magic mouth spouts of some ridiculously useless riddle, I can say that.

I don't know what task I'm missing.

I've lowered the sun, replaced the moons, frozen the sun, relit the sun, electrocuted the sun, raised the sun back up, gotten the stuff out of the crate, opened the jack in the box....and now there's nothing else left to do but walk in circles and ask for help. :)

Spellunker
Initiate

Post by Spellunker » July 18th, 2017, 9:59 am

Have you battled the armored giant? (not the giant outside Roscoe's)

Oh, and what's the riddle that the magic mouth spoke?

Ceramicgod
Initiate

Post by Ceramicgod » July 18th, 2017, 11:13 am

Nope, I have not battled an armored giant. I have no idea where that is?

The magic mouth riddle is exceptionally long and heads to the hallway with the planetarium. I don't remember it, honestly.

Are replacing the two moons the only thing you need to do with the planets?

Spellunker
Initiate

Post by Spellunker » July 18th, 2017, 12:49 pm

I'm pretty sure that one of the challenges is the defeat the giant in one of the three paths - he's in the middle of a really big 2ish level room.
And I think the other challenge is the defeat the group of huffing/wheezing human swordsmen and archers... maybe they were elves. Not sure.

It could just be coincidence, but I think that doors that still have glowing patterns on the doors still haven't been fully explored. Do you have any of those visible?

Ceramicgod
Initiate

Post by Ceramicgod » July 18th, 2017, 12:58 pm

All the door handles tend to flash, even in the stuff that I know is completed so I don't think that's the answer.

Is there more to the planets than just replacing the moons?

Spellunker
Initiate

Post by Spellunker » July 18th, 2017, 1:04 pm

Nah, not the handles - but the designs (celtic knots?) on the doors glow. The handle flashing is characteristic of objects you can interact with, especially if you're trying to grab them.

I think the key here is that you're missing the paths to the other challenges. As 2happy pointed out, you may need to go through the other two doors and look for walls that you need to blow away. I don't recall off the top of my head what needed to be done to get to those other paths - I just kinda winged it and ended up running into the giant challenge first.

All that I did for the planets I already mentioned. Pull down sun, toss the planets into orbit, place the moons, then raise it back up. That's all I ended up doing.

2happy
Initiate

Post by 2happy » July 18th, 2017, 2:41 pm

Dont think about the planets any more, if both doors opend, you are done there.
Dont think about the riddle, it warned you about a trap, no more importance.
Dont think about the twoo statues, this was the entry puzzle, not important any more.
But in this room are lights above the doors. If you clear a level, the light wont shine any more, so it should be clear where to search next.
The lights above the door wich leads to the planets should be dark now?
How many lights are lit besides the bars that prevent you to open the 4th door?

I don't recall every detail and I will not promise, but maybe I'l have a loock later on, if I am not too tired :-/
Last edited by 2happy on July 18th, 2017, 4:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.

2happy
Initiate

Post by 2happy » July 18th, 2017, 3:03 pm

I could not resist to have a closer loock:

If you leave the planets room, go straight ahead, far left, right and a feminine voice tells you how to open the next door, then you have to fight 100 foes (if you first solved the puzzle).

Way back to the start, cross the room with the 2 statues. First you find a room with lots of flying arrows. Make your way to the left to the exit door and you find eventually a big room with lots of enemies - if you have opend the trigger-chest.

Back to the center turn right, and very soon you have to fight a big troll .

Back to the beginning a 4th path is now open and the journey continues.
Last edited by 2happy on July 18th, 2017, 4:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.

2happy
Initiate

Post by 2happy » July 18th, 2017, 3:08 pm

Ps I did not want to spoil the puzzles laying on the way, just let us know if something is not clear.

Ceramicgod
Initiate

Post by Ceramicgod » July 18th, 2017, 8:15 pm

I want to thank you guys for the help but it turned out to be some sort of wild bug! I just kept freezing and defrosting the statues in the 4 way room and suddenly that instigated a GAME SAVE and the door opened...which allowed me to engage the armored giant, which then unlocked the gate.

What the heck?

Oh well, back to having fun now! :)