Brian Fargo on The Mage's Tale, inXile's recently announced VR title, and VR gaming's future

For all The Mage's Tale discussion other than tech support.

Moderator: Bard Hall Bouncers

phimseto
Developer

Brian Fargo on The Mage's Tale, inXile's recently announced VR title, and VR gaming's future

Post by phimseto » July 13th, 2017, 9:41 am

The lessons you learn with VR are not intuitive. You have to jump in and do it. So when we do our next project, we'll be that much further ahead, having done the second one. So I'm glad that I won't be, 3 or 4 or 5 years out from now, saying, 'Now I want to do a VR game' because these 4 or 5 years of experience will really pay off for what we want to do.
https://t.co/0z1OSkew24

DNACowboy
Novice

Re: Brian Fargo on The Mage's Tale, inXile's recently announced VR title, and VR gaming's future

Post by DNACowboy » March 8th, 2018, 8:45 am

Wow, I am so excited to hear this. Imagine playing a virtual reality rpg set in the land of Skara Brae! Go visit Scrapwood Tavern and swap stories of beating Tarjan over flagons of mead with Rogues from Purgatory, all chatting in co-op or multiplayer via your HMD headsets! Then head over to Garth's Ye Olde Equpment Shoppe to spend all your hard-earned dane geld while eyeing up Garth's daughter :-)

I loved The Mage's Tale for the developers implementation of magic and potions but thought the traps minimal and locations were extremely bare, feeling that the IP was InExile mainly getting their VR feet wet. However, I cannot wait for a mature Bards Tale using VR!
There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that is your own self."
Aldous Huxley