The Oubliette - Vanishing "Chest" & "One More Piece"

For all The Mage's Tale discussion other than tech support.
Spellunker
Initiate

The Oubliette - Vanishing "Chest" & "One More Piece"

Post by Spellunker » July 16th, 2017, 9:44 pm

WARNING: Potential Spoilers Ahead (depending on your definition)

I'm mostly just looking for confirmation that I haven't uncovered additional bugs. The faulty save slots and dual-potion slots were surprising enough.

So while visiting the Oubliette I walked into a room that immediately to the right had a door that was "stuck open". There was a skeleton on the floor in the doorway, and the door appeared to be drooling? I saw through the doorway that there was one of the "combination chests" in the room. So, thinking the door was stuck open I tried to walk through. It closed on me, probably trying to eat me, so I backed up. When the door reopened and I looked through, the chest I had seen before was gone. I could then walk through the doorway without getting munched on after that point, but the chest was nowhere to be seen.

Was this chest disappearance deliberate, or a bug?

Then in the other room where I'm trying to build the vertical column of pieces, the base part is there with three glowing outlines hovering above it. I'm pretty sure that when I procured the third piece Crux mentioned that I needed "one more piece". Do I in fact need a fourth piece that I'm supposed to procure from somewhere? I tried one of the two hands that I found hanging around, but it didn't seem to snap into place.

I'm hoping that I'm missing something, and that the piece that I need isn't in that chest that vanished.

Thanks in advance :-)

Spellunker
Initiate

Re: The Oubliette - Vanishing "Chest" & "One More Piece"

Post by Spellunker » July 23rd, 2017, 10:44 pm

Well I managed to finally figure out how to move on. For anyone else who gets stuck at the same point, here's a hint:
To unlock the door, you don't have to go anywhere else. The solution is in the same room.

theManx
Initiate

Post by theManx » August 20th, 2017, 2:32 pm

I've been fooling around in that room for hours now and I cant figure it out. The puzzle with the 3 statues has been solved long ago but the room still shows no combination box and the skeleton is still in the doorway.
I'd love a little more info. I'm completely stuck.

Also curious about the room with the blood gushing from the mouth in the wall. When I got the chest opened, dwarf mage hinted there may be a way to stop that blood from flowing. Is there? Cause I've been all over the Oubliette, bringing the hand and book in, everything.. I cant find the solution for that one either

Thanks

ploog
Initiate

Post by ploog » September 3rd, 2017, 4:00 pm

theManx, I don't believe the blood can stop flowing from the skull mouth. Nothing to worry about.

As for the disappearing combination box beyond the ravenous door, I think that may be a "one chance only" puzzle. If you get it wrong, the box is gone forever.
SPOILERS BEGIN HERE
The "ravenous door" combination box being unavailable isn't as critical as I thought. The only real drawback is that you won't officially complete the Oubliette map level, and so its stargate glyph background won't get colored gold. The box's contents are... neither a cage, story tablet or spell ingredient... just mage stones.