Watch the Xbox E3 Briefing this Sunday

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: Watch the Xbox E3 Briefing this Sunday

Post by Drool » June 17th, 2019, 1:33 pm

Mole204 wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 4:03 pm
Dragon Quest never really interested me, and is one of those many series that others may like but I often forget exists. It's too bad there's no way a new Dragon Wars could be made and -not- be generic, if not compared to Pokemon.
Be that as it may, it would have been a much better example than Final Fantasy.
Now, for refurbishing the shuttle, wasn't there something about fuel in the missile mission from WL2?
Not really?
If you could just find and disarm another unlaunched ICBM in the Rockies, transport the missile, and strap the shuttle to it... The team might not reach orbit, but they could ram an inattentive UFO. That'd be a roller coaster. Better not fill up on Hobo Dogs at the Clown.
I... what? No, I'd rather they didn't do that.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » June 18th, 2019, 5:44 am

Drool wrote:
June 17th, 2019, 1:33 pm
If you could just find and disarm another unlaunched ICBM in the Rockies, transport the missile, and strap the shuttle to it... The team might not reach orbit, but they could ram an inattentive UFO. That'd be a roller coaster. Better not fill up on Hobo Dogs at the Clown.
I... what? No, I'd rather they didn't do that.
Seconded
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

fuzzyballs01
Acolyte

Post by fuzzyballs01 » June 18th, 2019, 8:45 am

Mole204 wrote:
June 16th, 2019, 4:03 pm
for refurbishing the shuttle, wasn't there something about fuel in the missile mission from WL2? If you could just find and disarm another unlaunched ICBM in the Rockies, transport the missile, and strap the shuttle to it... The team might not reach orbit, but they could ram an inattentive UFO. That'd be a roller coaster. Better not fill up on Hobo Dogs at the Clown.
is there a way to remove someone else's post?
who could possibly want that in a Wasteland game? I'd not be against a random event near the end where you kill an alien near a crashed UFO for the best energy weapon in the game, but then again that's a Fallout thing
and a Silent Storm thing (and it's repeatable)

FatFreddy
Initiate

Post by FatFreddy » June 20th, 2019, 10:59 pm

I was also disappointed by the lack of continuity in the locations for wl2 . The first one made you use your imagination more unlike new games do so was hoping the locations would look more epic, instead Darwin looks like it was made for a freeware game in the early 2000s.and that overpowered m1911 that could blow up robots made the whole game feel goofy as hell.

Mole204
Explorer

Post by Mole204 » June 22nd, 2019, 10:31 pm

FatFreddy wrote:
June 20th, 2019, 10:59 pm
I was also disappointed by the lack of continuity in the locations for wl2 . The first one made you use your imagination more unlike new games do so was hoping the locations would look more epic, instead Darwin looks like it was made for a freeware game in the early 2000s.and that overpowered m1911 that could blow up robots made the whole game feel goofy as hell.
Clearly I didn't get the same gun as you. The wiki says that's a pistol. I thought the energy rifle was a great gun.
Goofy has it's place in things. Sometimes you just walk into a scene that's totally surreal. With the amount of free-roaming cybertech gotten loose in Wl2, there should be some fun things going on inside those honey badgers. Perhaps we'll finally find the hive. I wonder how oddball Sotchmo's list of "roadside attractions and other tourist traps" will be? There was that one guy who looked like a 1920's bad-makeup vampire. He's either the Patriarch, or the MC for a terrible House of Horrors.
fuzzyballs01 wrote:
June 18th, 2019, 8:45 am
I'd not be against a random event near the end where you kill an alien near a crashed UFO for the best energy weapon in the game, but then again that's a Fallout thing
To crash the UFO yourself, and use it as a new base. It'd be a more exciting way to be stranded in the middle of somewhere that needs some two-gun justice applied to it, instead of "here's a quest to nail wood together. Safety? I don't think so, Tim." I wonder how impact-crumpled serpoid compares to pulled pork?

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » June 23rd, 2019, 12:38 pm

Mole204 wrote:
June 22nd, 2019, 10:31 pm
To crash the UFO yourself, and use it as a new base. It'd be a more exciting way to be stranded in the middle of somewhere that needs some two-gun justice applied to it, instead of "here's a quest to nail wood together. Safety? I don't think so, Tim." I wonder how impact-crumpled serpoid compares to pulled pork?
No.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

FatFreddy
Initiate

Post by FatFreddy » June 23rd, 2019, 9:29 pm

[/quote]
Clearly I didn't get the same gun as you. The wiki says that's a pistol.

https://wasteland.gamepedia.com/M1911
it would have been a better fit for a laser pistol. not sure why they're calling it a 1911.

fuzzyballs01
Acolyte

Post by fuzzyballs01 » June 28th, 2019, 2:40 am

Drool wrote:
June 23rd, 2019, 12:38 pm
Mole204 wrote:
No.
I second this notion with more force
big no

also, the wooden boards are to keep out animals, which it does
specific safety? yes

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » June 30th, 2019, 1:05 am

fuzzyballs01 wrote:
June 28th, 2019, 2:40 am
Drool wrote:
June 23rd, 2019, 12:38 pm
Mole204 wrote:
No.
I second this notion with more force
big no

also, the wooden boards are to keep out animals, which it does
specific safety? yes
Thirded
It's not too late. Make it Eight!