Radio silence?

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Gillsing
Explorer

Re: Radio silence?

Post by Gillsing » April 23rd, 2019, 8:51 am

lt-shepherd wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 8:14 am
we need to start putting more pressure on them, otherwise we might get stuck in place.
Try cutting some branches from firs and put those under the wheels to keep them from spinning in place in the snow. That way you won't remain stuck in place. I saw that in a movie once. And with cars supposedly being in Wasteland 3, that could come in handy! (They're probably silent because they can't get the cars to work properly. Cars are of the devil.)

lt-shepherd
Novice

Post by lt-shepherd » April 29th, 2019, 6:32 am

Gillsing wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 8:51 am
lt-shepherd wrote:
April 23rd, 2019, 8:14 am
we need to start putting more pressure on them, otherwise we might get stuck in place.
Try cutting some branches from firs and put those under the wheels to keep them from spinning in place in the snow. That way you won't remain stuck in place. I saw that in a movie once. And with cars supposedly being in Wasteland 3, that could come in handy! (They're probably silent because they can't get the cars to work properly. Cars are of the devil.)
ill tell ya pal, i'm no game dev. but i can at-least get on once a week or a month to say hi everything is fine, unlike the silent treatment we're getting so far.

RubenS
Initiate

Post by RubenS » May 1st, 2019, 11:56 am

Ohhh good. The site is still here.

Highwayman667
Acolyte

Post by Highwayman667 » May 1st, 2019, 11:57 am

RubenS wrote:
May 1st, 2019, 11:56 am
Ohhh good. The site is still here.
Barely.

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » May 2nd, 2019, 12:33 am

I guess they wait until they know something about the 30 year Edition, but since it is now nearly 5 months since we heard ANYTHING of Wasteland 3 I find this a bit disappointing. That should be their priority to inform us about, not the extra stuff.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Highwayman667
Acolyte

Post by Highwayman667 » May 2nd, 2019, 4:31 pm

Was it the same way with Wasteland 2 ?

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » May 3rd, 2019, 2:59 am

Highwayman667 wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 4:31 pm
Not as far as I remember.
We got regular updates (mostly one or two months apart I think), and were already beta-testing half a year prior to release. Sure, betatesting may not be THAT important here, since WL3 is build on the foundation of WL2, but still...

RubenS
Initiate

Post by RubenS » May 4th, 2019, 1:23 am

One might think they all were shifted to some more important MS games and they just left one dude to turn off the light

Dork Mage
Scholar

Post by Dork Mage » May 5th, 2019, 7:33 am

Highwayman667 wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 4:31 pm
There were plenty of forum responses asking for updates.

This is par for the course InXile (same for TToN and BTIV).

Mole204
Explorer

Post by Mole204 » May 5th, 2019, 10:36 pm

They announced the Switch WL2 game in April. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vAlBfm7viE
Perhaps someone thinks that's all they have to do? Of course, if that's true, then what _work_ are they doing, and is it the amount they are supposed to do?
-Walks in. Logs on. Starts the bitcoin grinder on the game-maker mainframe. Leaves for coffee. Comes back at the end of shift. Logs off. Leaves.-

whippleshuffle
Developer

Post by whippleshuffle » May 6th, 2019, 6:49 pm

Hey all, I've been here at inXile a few weeks now, and I'm still digging in on Wasteland 3 and our other products and updates. I figured if I make a first forum post anywhere it might as well be here, right?

It's perhaps a little disingenuous of me to speak on behalf of the entire company, most of whom I don't even know yet, but in my time here I've been impressed by this group, the people I've interacted with, and their dedication to making the best product possible. I think we're at a point where that dedication is going to start paying off for our backers and fans, as we'll pretty quickly have more and more areas, systems, and art in a far enough along state where we're confident enough to show them. That confidence doesn't mean that we're not going to show half-finished content, or that we're waiting until something is 100% locked and final, but it lives somewhere in that nebulous between area.

Rest assured we're working on some Very Cool Stuff, and are excited to give you more glimpses into the production and how the game is continuing to shape up in the near future.

Whipple, out.

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » May 6th, 2019, 9:48 pm

Well, thanks for giving that answer. I am very excited to see the next update, it SHOULD be something grand - since nearly half a year is a long time to get a project further. ^^
Ah yes, and welcome. :D

Mole204
Explorer

Post by Mole204 » May 6th, 2019, 11:38 pm

Thanks for chiming in, Whips. Thanks for letting us know the lights are still on. (I might not be alone in half-suspecting the Inexile physical location had been Starbucks'd.) Good to hear that there are things being worked on, and eventually coming up. (E3 is next month. That means demos from EVERYONE.)
I hope that WL3, and any other Inexile games, get that entertaining, oomph, and quality that we want from you, and know you can do. (There's been arguments in other threads.)

whippleshuffle
Developer

Post by whippleshuffle » May 7th, 2019, 10:53 am

Mole204 wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 11:38 pm
half-suspecting the Inexile physical location had been Starbucks'd
Man, I wish. The closest Starbucks is too far to walk to.

Soham_Kar
Initiate

Post by Soham_Kar » May 8th, 2019, 4:46 am

Its 6 months gone without any update, Is it cancelled? Wasteland 3 is not coming or not. :x :x

crimsoncorporation
Novice

Post by crimsoncorporation » May 8th, 2019, 12:51 pm

Soham_Kar wrote:
May 8th, 2019, 4:46 am
Its 6 months gone without any update, Is it cancelled? Wasteland 3 is not coming or not. :x :x
4 posts (and one day ago) above yours:
whippleshuffle wrote:
May 6th, 2019, 6:49 pm
Hey all, I've been here at inXile a few weeks now, and I'm still digging in on Wasteland 3 and our other products and updates.

[...]

Rest assured we're working on some Very Cool Stuff, and are excited to give you more glimpses into the production and how the game is continuing to shape up in the near future.

Whipple, out.

fuzzyballs01
Scholar

Post by fuzzyballs01 » May 9th, 2019, 9:31 am

you people are easily pleased
it's one new hire making two forum posts, didn't even start a new announcement topic, just replied to a "let's all nag about the release" thread
it's still no info whatsoever

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » May 9th, 2019, 2:05 pm

fuzzyballs01 wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 9:31 am
it's one new hire making two forum posts, didn't even start a new announcement topic, just replied to a "let's all nag about the release" thread
it's still no info whatsoever
Sure. But it doesn't help to pull out torches and pitchforks. In the end InXile always delivered SOMETHING and I played WL2, TON and BT IV for many hours. *shrugs*
Of course I would prefer monthly updates, too. But I have other games that take my attention in the meantime.

Mole204
Explorer

Post by Mole204 » May 10th, 2019, 1:22 am

fuzzyballs01 wrote:
May 9th, 2019, 9:31 am
Oh not in the least! That could be Zombra or someone fake-accounting to cover for the fact that dust bunnies can't type. I had half a mind to phone-call the inexile address to see if it was deserted/repossessed/the whole business is now run by a security guard named Kaleb, but I ain't adding that to my phone bill.

Note to self or whoever: animate dust bunnies and add them to the Bunny Master's growing army for his glorious return. (I want battles, not a drastic fight to survive against three people in golf shirts!)

whippleshuffle
Developer

Post by whippleshuffle » May 10th, 2019, 9:46 am

Mole204 wrote:
May 10th, 2019, 1:22 am
Note to self or whoever: animate dust bunnies and add them to the Bunny Master's growing army for his glorious return. (I want battles, not a drastic fight to survive against three people in golf shirts!)
Got it.