Visuals // Outfits

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

DexGames
Initiate

Visuals // Outfits

Post by DexGames » June 8th, 2018, 9:05 am

Just throwing out my two cents here :

I know you did what you could back in W2, can't blame you, you provided an awesome game regardless.
Still, I hope you'll go more towards Cool looking & more Classy Military Outfits for the November Team this time.

Rather than the W2 weird outfits. By the way, don't get me wrong, "weird" is cool & it fits the general setting of the franchise, especially for npc's personnalities.

But visually speaking, the "weird" aspect of things in W2, for Characters, & specifically when creating the Echo Team, felt like it was pushed a little "too far" in W2 for me, personnally. Though, from what the Trailer shows, it looks like you're doing just that so that's great.
What I mean by Cool & Classy is more like :
This : Image // Rather than this // Image :lol:

Hope you're doing well guys, keep up the good work.

sear
Developer

Re: Visuals // Outfits

Post by sear » June 8th, 2018, 6:56 pm

We've been having more and more character parts roll in over the last few months. The quality of the character models is certainly higher than Wasteland 2, and the visual style is also different from the usual post-apoc stuff. The Colorado setting gives opportunities for a lot of unique outfits - think crazy mountain folk in animal furs, Rangers with winter gear, city guards in heavy body armor, and that kind of thing.

Carib
Initiate

Post by Carib » June 13th, 2018, 7:17 pm

I would definitely like to see more character customization. Digging in the Wasteland 2 directory showed a lot of items that would have been great to use. I mean since it is a CRPG bring out!!! Now where are my Coffin Nails.
"I believe in gunpowder and dynamite!"

Grizwald714
Initiate

Post by Grizwald714 » July 31st, 2018, 5:38 pm

Any chance the Compaions outfits will be able to be changed around like your base team can

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » August 1st, 2018, 2:19 pm

Grizwald714 wrote:
July 31st, 2018, 5:38 pm
Any chance the Compaions outfits will be able to be changed around like your base team can
Great idea. I went to the trouble of editing my save files in Wasteland 2 to change some of my companions' visuals, because they're important to me.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » October 8th, 2018, 6:25 pm

As far as visuals go, I am more concerned with the conversations, and would rather the resemble the later, than the former of these: ;)