Mole204's Wasteland 3 Construction Checklist

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Re: Mole204's Wasteland 3 Construction Checklist

Post by Woolfe » June 24th, 2018, 3:26 am

Gizmo wrote:
June 23rd, 2018, 11:24 pm
Mole204 wrote:
June 23rd, 2018, 10:55 pm
...an inability to realize that they were as much a part of the game as the box art, or the sound effects. Part of the game, even if you, yourself, chose to ignore it.
But —AFAIK...there was at no time a prompting by the game to read those paragraphs; such that if played as intended, the player would never encounter those story elements in any play-through of the game... or am I mistaken about this? [@Drool]
This is 100% correct. The ONLY way to actually have any dealing with the serpiods was to read the paragraph book ahead of time. IE to CHEAT.

They were not "In Game" they were a joke in the paragraph book.
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » June 24th, 2018, 2:20 pm

Mole204 wrote:
June 23rd, 2018, 10:55 pm
Don't look now, but your avatar pic is one of them. If you remove all the scales from a lizard man you'd get the same look as the WL1 monster as your avatar.
And if my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle.

The drools/desert dwellers were zombie-like things. They're mutated people that have had their skin burned off, not lizard-like invaders from Mars. I'd be more inclined to go along with them being sentient piles of ground beef than Serioids that have, somehow, had all their scales removed. Frankly, just about anything humanoid is going to look like that with its skin peeled off. Hell, we don't have a sense of scale here. Maybe they're Super Mutants. Maybe they're Wookies. Or Grineer.

Or maybe they're just generic post apocalyptic degenerate mutant things.
Another is that thing with the doll and the twitching leg.
More skinned mutants. Or a manifestation of childhood fear that only exists in a Ranger's (or possibly Finster's) mind. I can't believe I'm drawing this parallel, but they're more Feral Ghouls than Mothership Zeta aliens.
And, again, I think there are far more important things to worry about.
Like what? The programmers would have any of the really hard stuff locked down. Cross-platform compatibility. File extension recognition. Projected ram usage of location loading. Multiple program meshing. At least for the Xbox and playstation4. PC's tend to be a little more anything goes.
Like everything involved in making a video game. Unless there's someone who is literally doing nothing with their time, there's something more useful to work on than random fanfiction.
I never argued that it was some impossibility. Just that it was unnecessary.
The discobot was unnecessary, yet that was fun. Don't arbitrarily cut out the fun things.
That was content in the game. A bunch of duplicate information interspersed with false information in a menu is not. I'm not going to be referencing a paragraph book while playing the game, I'm certainly not going to randomly read entries in the main menu. You are arguing for a thing because the thing once existed in a good game and have, for some reason, decided that the game was good because of that thing. This is possibly the most inane manifestation of cargo cultism that I've ever seen.
Mole204 wrote:
June 23rd, 2018, 11:21 pm
Nothing insane about it, though Drool might be frothing at the mouth because he can't fathom the inclusion of the serpoids.
For all my supposed frothing, at least I know how to spell the damn word.
Mole204 wrote:
June 23rd, 2018, 11:44 pm
but the player sure encountered a lot of laser bullets and robots, and a few locations (like Ag center) mentioned in the serpoid paragraphs in the course of the game.
What on earth does that have to do with anything? Those paragraphs also mentioned Mars.

HOLY SHIT! Mars exists in the real world!

OH MY GOD! Serpioids must therefore exist in our world because they were mentioned in the same breath as something that exists!

Seriously dude, that is the weakest argument for their veracity that anyone has ever made. Because a fake paragraph mentions something that's in the game, it must ipso facto exist in the game?

This is just getting sad.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Mole204
Scholar

Post by Mole204 » June 25th, 2018, 12:12 am

Oh, get over it Drool. It's like two people arguing that The Hobbit isn't part of the Lord of the Rings books. (it clearly is)

There's still caseless robots, Tronodiles, slithering trash lampreys, police robots, and other examples of "the 60s space age architecture meets 80s post-apoc. aesthetic" to include in the game. How is it you think the serpoids are less permissible than any of that? Grineer? Some sort of fish people? Too bad there wasn't any of that in wl2's LA. More mutants! And now wl3 is heading farther inland.
And now we have the Patriarch's weapons vault. How much damage would an exploding flying saucer do? Would it be too "Fallout"?
I'm certainly not going to randomly read entries in the main menu
There will always be those who find such minutiae fascinating, though the current fad seems to have moved away from technical information into character #1 secretly loves character #2.
(Elf name) gives Strider a smouldering look. (replace names with random HarryPotter.names every thursday)

I wonder if Colorado Springs will be in the game? It's got Cheyenne Mountain near it, which would make it a high-level missile target. yes, yes, I suppose we'll have to wait for later updates. It's just that seeing some pics of abandoned south american stadiums, including past Olympic locations, makes me wonder what crazy thing will be done to the United States Olympic Training Center. In wl2, remember, the Mannerites were living in a stadium. What will be bigger, better, and something for Morningstar to use as a race track?

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » June 25th, 2018, 12:49 am

Mole204 wrote:
June 25th, 2018, 12:12 am
Oh, get over it Drool. It's like two people arguing that The Hobbit isn't part of the Lord of the Rings books. (it clearly is)
It isn't. The Hobbit is a children's novel, and The Lord of the Rings is a war novel. The Lord of the Rings is one book; it was published in three parts because its page-count. The writing styles are different.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » June 25th, 2018, 2:04 pm

Mole204 wrote:
June 25th, 2018, 12:12 am
How is it you think the serpoids are less permissible than any of that?
Okay. This is a real technical answer, but I'll try to keep it simple for you:

Those things were actually in the game while serpioids were not.
Grineer? Some sort of fish people?
No.
How much damage would an exploding flying saucer do? Would it be too "Fallout"?
Not expressly, but in a way, yes. Fallout took from 50s culture and sci-fi aesthetic, including aliens from outer space. Wasteland was solidly grounded in an 80s cold war aesthetic. Radioactive mutants and pop culture cults fit while space aliens do not. The whole central concept is about the paranoia of the USA and the USSR being at such an extreme that a natural event wiping out satellites is enough to cause both nations to obliterate each other.

Frankly, adding space aliens lessens the pathos and horror of the situation and cheapens it. It's like that old Twilight Zone episode, The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street. The horror is what humans are willing to do to each other given half a chance. Tossing in aliens is like giving a justification for the awful things people did.
There will always be those who find such minutiae fascinating
The minutiae of fake entries?
I wonder if Colorado Springs will be in the game? It's got Cheyenne Mountain near it, which would make it a high-level missile target.
No idea. It would make sense, but most of the information they've decided to give us has been an elaborate The Shining reference.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Mole204
Scholar

Post by Mole204 » June 28th, 2018, 4:45 pm

Gizmo wrote:
June 25th, 2018, 12:49 am
It isn't. The Hobbit is a children's novel, and The Lord of the Rings is a war novel. The Lord of the Rings is one book; it was published in three parts because its page-count. The writing styles are different.
I suppose LOTR is a war novel, but Hobbit is part of it.
Drool wrote:
June 25th, 2018, 2:04 pm
Wasteland was solidly grounded in an 80s cold war aesthetic. Radioactive mutants and pop culture cults fit while space aliens do not. The whole central concept is about the paranoia of the USA and the USSR being at such an extreme that a natural event wiping out satellites is enough to cause both nations to obliterate each other.
Survival against an increasing variety and strength of enemies while you ferret out the real threat, was the central concept. USA and USSR were just what was stamped on the big missiles and doesn't factor into anything, ever. Space aliens fit the aesthetic just as much as mutant turtles, or laser guns. Just as long as the whole thing isn't about space aliens, I say put in some martians. After all those slicerdicers, what's a few tripods?
Frankly, adding space aliens lessens the pathos and horror of the situation and cheapens it. It's like that old Twilight Zone episode, The Monsters Are Due on Maple Street. The horror is what humans are willing to do to each other given half a chance. Tossing in aliens is like giving a justification for the awful things people did.
I like the idea of the aliens getting that pathos and horror right up the nose, and being stuck in a world where they really don't want the locals to know who's fault it was. It's all gone wrong and now they're earthlings, too, and are so screwed...
As for justification, that only matters if it works. Humans have been burning witches, or people they don't approve of who their daughter has an eye for, or people who just have their pants too low, for millennia without any aliens being involved. Go read "Nobody lives on Burton Street." by Gregory Benford.

The smashed and trashed buildings are only part of Wasteland. There's hidden robotics assembly factories. Hidden labs and laboratories. Hidden bases and super-science. Fantastic weapons out of science fiction. (Restore the Proton Ax back to it's original form!) The game isn't about aliens in the same way that it isn't about killing Leather jerks.
It's called bonus material. We never did get the Red Boots DLC....
(imaginary) Isn't everything? It's typical bonus material. And Dobby wasn't sent to go live with the family Harry was from, but some readers would have wanted that anyway. Hey, the devs wanted high-reactivity branching story paths, something's going to end up falling off the edge.
Why waste a good idea? What're they going to do, use it in Bard's Tale? Oh, sure, put a snake man in a fantasy setting and no-one thinks twice, but when I suggest putting a snake man in a fantasy setting, Drool looses his mind. The devs tried to put too much "real" in Wl2 and only managed to make much of it a story about competing cave-dwellers- until the robots show up to save the day, and the rangers show up to save the world from the robots.

Woolfe
Supreme Jerk

Post by Woolfe » June 28th, 2018, 4:57 pm

Mole204 wrote:
June 28th, 2018, 4:45 pm
It's called bonus material. We never did get the Red Boots DLC....
(imaginary) Isn't everything? It's typical bonus material. And Dobby wasn't sent to go live with the family Harry was from, but some readers would have wanted that anyway. Hey, the devs wanted high-reactivity branching story paths, something's going to end up falling off the edge.
Why waste a good idea? What're they going to do, use it in Bard's Tale? Oh, sure, put a snake man in a fantasy setting and no-one thinks twice, but when I suggest putting a snake man in a fantasy setting, Drool looses his mind. The devs tried to put too much "real" in Wl2 and only managed to make much of it a story about competing cave-dwellers- until the robots show up to save the day, and the rangers show up to save the world from the robots.
No it isn't.

It is not "Bonus material". It was there for a VERY specific purpose. Which was to confuse people who tried to "cheat" by reading ahead in the paragraph book. That's it. A lovely little bit of writing, but it wasn't real in the game. The game had a path and the Serpioids had NOTHING to do with it.

Drool is not the only one losing his mind over this.

We don't like it, because it takes something that was "fake" that was not a part of the game, aside from in the paragraph book, and later as a joke nod back to the paragraph book.

If you now make it "Real" in the game, then it changes fundamental elements of the game. As Drool pointed out.

When they were doing WL2, I actually made the suggestion that the players should find an old movie studio, with scripts that including snippets from the fake paragraphs, as a joke reference to the original game. JOKE reference. JOKE.

The game had nothing to do with alien lizardmen, it never did, it still doesn't. All of the monsters in the game were ultimately of human construction/descent. The subtext was that we killed our own world. To include some alien enemies, totally destroys that subtext.
It's not too late. Make it Eight!

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » June 28th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Mole204 wrote:
(imaginary) Isn't everything?
NO.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » June 28th, 2018, 8:10 pm

Mole204 wrote:
I suppose LOTR is a war novel, but Hobbit is part of it.
But it is not. Tolkien did write it first, and then spent the next dozen years writing the LoTR; a war novel that expanded on certain concepts present in the Hobbit. The LoTR is actually summarized in the Silmarilion; parts of which were written well before the Hobbit. It may be that the Hobbit was a children's book derived from it.

I have read that it was informally called the Hobbit 2, by the Inklings, and it may have started out as a sequel, but by the time it was completed, it had become something else. LoTR is a standalone work; just as the Hobbit is.
Woolfe wrote:
June 28th, 2018, 4:57 pm
If you now make it "Real" in the game, then it changes fundamental elements of the game. As Drool pointed out.
Similar to what Bethesda did with FO3. With aliens no less; but also with the introduction of VATS as a technology, rather than as a location in Fallout. (For those unaware: VATS did not exist in Fallout 1 or 2. There was a location called the Vats; they were full of FEV. Bethesda parodies the aimed shot in Fallout's game mechanics, as Vault-tek Assisted Targeting System. :evil: )

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » June 29th, 2018, 2:33 pm

Mole204 wrote:
USA and USSR were just what was stamped on the big missiles and doesn't factor into anything, ever.
What are you even talking about?
Space aliens fit the aesthetic just as much as mutant turtles, or laser guns.
No, they don't. Your inability to grasp this just adds "cultural illiteracy" to the list of things wrong with your posts.
I like the idea of the aliens getting that pathos and horror right up the nose, and being stuck in a world where they really don't want the locals to know who's fault it was. It's all gone wrong and now they're earthlings, too, and are so screwed...
What the actual...

Have you even read the paragraphs? The Serpioids weren't on earth. They were on Mars. In the fake paragraphs, the Rangers go to Mars to fight the Serpioids (and, just to be excessively pedantic, they weren't from Mars, either). You aren't just arguing for something that wasn't in the game, you're arguing for something that wasn't even in the fake paragraphs that you're insisting are canon!
Humans have been burning witches, or people they don't approve of who their daughter has an eye for, or people who just have their pants too low, for millennia without any aliens being involved.
...thank you for supporting my point that aliens are completely unnecessary?
The smashed and trashed buildings are only part of Wasteland. There's hidden robotics assembly factories. Hidden labs and laboratories. Hidden bases and super-science. Fantastic weapons out of science fiction. (Restore the Proton Ax back to it's original form!) The game isn't about aliens in the same way that it isn't about killing Leather jerks.
I don't even know what you're talking about any more. It's too coherent to be pure word salad, but it makes no sense otherwise. I'm leaning more and more towards a deep-learning AI that's been given a forum account.
It's called bonus material. We never did get the Red Boots DLC...
Because Bard's Tale 4 hasn't come out yet, you twit.
Why waste a good idea? What're they going to do, use it in Bard's Tale?
What part of "not use it" do you fail to grasp?
Oh, sure, put a snake man in a fantasy setting and no-one thinks twice, but when I suggest putting a snake man in a fantasy setting, Drool looses his mind.
I did no such thing. Snakemen fit just fine in Buck Rogers: Countdown to Doomsday (they were on Venus). If someone ever got around to doing a Lensmen game, I could see snakemen there, even though I don't recall there being a race like that in the books. To say nothing of them actually being present in things like Enemy Mine.

Furthermore, snakemen wouldn't work in every fantasy setting. Game of Thrones is fantasy, but snakemen probably wouldn't work so well. They wouldn't work very well in Melnibone either, while they would most certainly fit in Hyperborea.

Different settings have different rules. You have to obey those rules, or you aren't being true to the setting. Settings aren't fungible. Just because one setting is fantasy and has snakemen doesn't mean that snakemen fit in every fantasy setting. Your Language Lab Word of the Day is: verisimilitude.

Furthermore, it's especially odious here because you are latching on to something external to the game and declaring it intrinsic to the game. Your continued inability to understand this and your continued dodging of points (while, amusingly, whining that people aren't reading your entire posts) just makes it all the more aggravating.
The devs tried to put too much "real" in Wl2 and only managed to make much of it a story about competing cave-dwellers- until the robots show up to save the day, and the rangers show up to save the world from the robots.
That's... one way of describing things, I suppose. Personally, I'd say that they tried to go more "real", but clearly missed the mark and wrote a script that was sorely infected with brainbugs that lead it to feel more like a fanfiction sequel than anything else.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » June 29th, 2018, 3:58 pm

While I agree with most of your post(s), it is unbecoming of a member—let alone a moderator, to verbally insult another member.
*Aside: That's usually reserved for the one losing an argument, who is running out of things to say; so it doesn't make any sense to do it—besides being impolite.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » June 29th, 2018, 4:08 pm

Gizmo wrote:
June 29th, 2018, 3:58 pm
While I agree with most of your post(s), it is unbecoming of a member—let alone a moderator, to verbally insult another member.
*Aside: That's usually reserved for the one losing an argument, who is running out of things to say; so it doesn't make any sense to do it—besides being impolite.
Your concern-trolling is, yet again, noted and ignored.

Furthermore, the incredibly mild insults I've used are linguistic shorthand to express my frustration and incredulity at Mole's points.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » June 29th, 2018, 7:53 pm

Drool wrote:
June 29th, 2018, 4:08 pm
Your concern-trolling is, yet again, noted and ignored.

Furthermore, the incredibly mild insults I've used are linguistic shorthand to express my frustration and incredulity at Mole's points.
Still insults none the less. That was not concern-trolling —whatever that means, it was disappointment; of the kind one might have for seeing a police officer litter.

Mole204
Scholar

Post by Mole204 » June 29th, 2018, 9:44 pm

Gizmo-
OK, I've got to agree on that, too. But I'm out of ways to make the circuit connect in Drool's head. He's simply... wrong, and efforts to explain, or discuss other topics just bounce off like rain on waterproofing. I mention something that -isn't- serpoids and they get called non-sequiturs, really?
Y'know I'm reminded of a short story I read once, fiction, where there was this one guy Billy Rubens, a movie or book reviewer who gave bad reviews to works that had both a ray-gun AND a sword in it... Drool seems to have caught a case of that.

If Wl3 was going to be in Arizona, I'd still be in favor of the martian-adapted life being part of random encounter set. But since we're going to the mountains, we've got to find out, and figure out, a whole new set of beasties. But better than beasties, we might see a new bunch of super-science, like that in Darwin Base, and hopefully not "let's just made the robots shinier, humaniod, and can run!"
Serpoids aren't external to the Wasteland series, they just haven't been used. Again: If/since Wl3 is the last one, it'd be a good idea to throw in a few. Hopefully in a way that could be built on in wl4 someday. Having a story is a really good idea, and/but having a challenging legion of enemies is a fun idea. Sometimes the player just gets too powerful naturally for anything other than consuming whole armies- and level caps just annoy people like that. It's more a lack of bloodthirtyness from the programmers than a lack of vision. all that "We didn't expect they'd take it that far!"
USA and USSR were just what was stamped on the big missiles and doesn't factor into anything, ever.
In wl1 and 2, that's just not the level the players get to play at. They're down in the streets, looking through buildings full of garbage, and having gun fights with honey badgers. Anything really powerful, like the Titan nuclear tipped missile or Base Cochise's robot factory, they've got to avoid, they get steered away from, or they've got to destroy it themselves.
The Serpioids weren't on earth.
No, I suppose not. But Darwin Base had that whole area set up like Mars. Perhaps they could open a hotel for- oh, no, let's not, then. :) It'll increase rope prices.
thank you for supporting my point that aliens are completely unnecessary?
Nooo, I mean the aliens will be treated the same as everyone else in Wasteland- attackers or defenders!
I did no such thing. Snakemen fit just fine in Buck Rogers etc etc
You go on to raise some good genre points, but we disagree about if WL is the right setting for serpoids- or shambling ghouls, trash slithers, five-legged bunnies, or other inventive use of nonhumans. They have to think up a whole new set of them fitting for the Colorado area, plus a dozen different Pandora's box whatevers the Patriarch has in store. Being attacked by gila monsters and giant flies doesn't have the same oomph to it as the (pretty much everything that's been previously stated!)

What does wl2's red boots dlc bit have to do with Bard's Tale?

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » June 29th, 2018, 11:43 pm

Reminder to please use the report button if a member (or moderator!) is behaving inappropriately. Public arguments about appropriate behavior are rarely productive.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » June 30th, 2018, 1:49 am

Mole204 wrote:
June 29th, 2018, 9:44 pm
The Serpioids weren't on earth.
No, I suppose not. But Darwin Base had that whole area set up like Mars. Perhaps they could open a hotel for- oh, no, let's not, then. :) It'll increase rope prices.
But were the Serpioids at anytime... anywhere in the game? AFAIK they were not; they exist only in the empty space in between the valid paragraphs. To include them at all, implies including telepathy, Phobosian trees, Martians, starships, and a 4th wall breaking sky-clad sub-machine gunner, who wants to switch over to the Bard's Tale series instead. These were margin padding, and could just as easily have been excerpts of Commando Cody scripts, or scenes from Starcrash.

The only thing suitable for inclusion of the Serpioids [IMO], is to have a pair of (unauthenticated) "Serpioid leather" boots in the game; and that's it.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » June 30th, 2018, 3:15 pm

Mole204 wrote:
June 29th, 2018, 9:44 pm
I mention something that -isn't- serpoids and they get called non-sequiturs, really?
Quit bringing up irrelevancies and I'll quit pointing them out. It's not my fault you can't stay on topic.
Y'know I'm reminded of a short story I read once, fiction, where there was this one guy Billy Rubens, a movie or book reviewer who gave bad reviews to works that had both a ray-gun AND a sword in it... Drool seems to have caught a case of that.
Considering how much time I spend playing Warframe, I'm going to say this is yet another thing you're completely wrong about. Perhaps you should quit trying to divine my motivations and my feelings about various genres and properties.
Serpoids aren't external to the Wasteland series, they just haven't been used.
See, this is why this conversation is pointless. You don't use words like other people do. I really don't know what novel new definition of "external" you're operating under here.
Having a story is a really good idea, and/but having a challenging legion of enemies is a fun idea. Sometimes the player just gets too powerful naturally for anything other than consuming whole armies- and level caps just annoy people like that. It's more a lack of bloodthirtyness from the programmers than a lack of vision. all that "We didn't expect they'd take it that far!"
What does this have to do with anything?
In wl1 and 2, that's just not the level the players get to play at. They're down in the streets, looking through buildings full of garbage, and having gun fights with honey badgers. Anything really powerful, like the Titan nuclear tipped missile or Base Cochise's robot factory, they've got to avoid, they get steered away from, or they've got to destroy it themselves.
Okay... I sort of see the point you're trying to make here, even though you're taking a really weird path to get there. The US and USSR governments not "factor[ing] into anything" is a hard claim to make when the entire setting and central conceit of the game wouldn't exist without those factors. But, sure, they're backstory, okay. As for Titan and Cochise, the player is hardly steered away from either location and are required to go there. Further, you don't really destroy Titan. Even if disabling counts as destroying, that's only one of three possible options.

Not sure what this has to do with Serpioids, but, you know. Whatever.
But Darwin Base had that whole area set up like Mars.
No, it didn't. You are confusing fake paragraphs for real ones again. It's a simulation of the wasteland, not Mars.
You go on to raise some good genre points, but we disagree about if WL is the right setting for serpoids- or shambling ghouls, trash slithers, five-legged bunnies, or other inventive use of nonhumans.
Mutations of existing earth lifeforms is quite different than invaders from another world. And, again, even in the fake paragraphs you're elevating to canon, the Serpioids weren't on earth. Hell, I don't believe they were ever technically on Mars. Most of the fakes deal with Phobos.
What does wl2's red boots dlc bit have to do with Bard's Tale?
The "Red Boots DLC" in Wasteland 2 was another joke. It is, however, a real DLC for Bard's Tale IV.

Gizmo wrote:
June 29th, 2018, 7:53 pm
Still insults none the less.
And if I was only using insults, you might have a point. There's a difference to responding to a post with "You're a dumbass" and responding with, "You're a dumbass and here's why".
That was not concern-trolling —whatever that means, it was disappointment; of the kind one might have for seeing a police officer litter.
That was not a book --whatever that means, it was a series of pages assembled for easy portability and reading, as well as the composition contained in it.
Gizmo wrote:
June 30th, 2018, 1:49 am
To include them at all, implies including telepathy, Phobosian trees, Martians, starships, and a 4th wall breaking sky-clad sub-machine gunner, who wants to switch over to the Bard's Tale series instead.
Don't forget the Titanic.
The only thing suitable for inclusion of the Serpioids [IMO], is to have a pair of (unauthenticated) "Serpioid leather" boots in the game; and that's it.
Or "Serpioid Brand". But, honestly, I'd rather they didn't, especially after the fumble in Wasteland 2.

Although, that radio traffic is pretty much a textbook example of going too far with a reference. The caller screaming about Serpioids honestly made me laugh.

...and then Mr. Manners had to ruin it all by painfully and unnaturally explaining the damn joke.

If inXile had the self control to make "Serpioid leather boots" with restraint. Have the description be something like, "Honestly, they just look like normal snakeskin" or "I guess these are made out of Serpioid, whatever the hell that means", but going from WL2, it'd probably be something like, "Serpioid leather? Why, that's ridiculous. That sounds like something from a paragraph book from some game back in the 80s!"

I'd rather have no reference than a bad one.
Alwa nasci korliri das.