Wasteland tabletop role-playing game

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Harlan Alves
Initiate

Wasteland tabletop role-playing game

Post by Harlan Alves » March 5th, 2018, 10:18 pm

Before I start, I'd like to apologize for any possible mistakes, because I'm using google translator, my english is not so good yet.

I had already seen a similar post in Wasteland 2, but I think the discussion can be harnessed again.

Good as any fan of RPG games, I've always liked table RPG, that good old paper and pen, with data and several friends playing together, in the world of table RPG, there are several scenarios with different campaigns and stories, where you may uncertain the most diverse histories.

And as a Wasteland fan I'd love to be able to narrate a campaign within the post-apocalyptic setting, but the number of subjects for these scenarios are a little scorn and as the main theme of the campaign is the Wasteland there are not many subjects about such as major cities, maps , enemies and creatures, character creation, vision of the people of that region, more details about the factions, climate and many other things that could enrich the scenario and give more content for the players to create their stories within this universe, of cérnarios are basically those that we find inside the game, and not all are detailed to the extreme.

And I miss a game of wasteland with a set of rules for creating characters, fighting, creatures, possible missions, and so on.
I would like to know what other players think about it.

Grohal
Master

Re: Wasteland tabletop role-playing game

Post by Grohal » March 6th, 2018, 2:15 am

Well, as long as they take the Wasteland 1 Character creation/attributes and most important skills and not the ones from Wasteland 2 - why not?
As an explanation: forgery, sleigth of hand, and so on would really be missed in a pen and paper/table top role playing game.

The setting itself has potential for sure.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Carib
Initiate

Post by Carib » April 28th, 2018, 10:47 pm

I would buy it. There is a shortage of legit post apocalyptic table top games.
"I believe in gunpowder and dynamite!"

KD47
Initiate

Post by KD47 » November 13th, 2018, 7:03 pm

Wasteland 1 was based on a pen-and-paper role-playing game called Mercenaries, Spies, and Private Eyes aka MSPE. This is still available from the original publisher Flying Buffalo:

http://www.flyingbuffalo.com/mercen.htm

Someone also wrote some home-brewed wastelanderish mods of the original rules to accommodate a post-apocalyptic setting. I posted those links into this forum quite some time ago (towards the bottom of page 2):

https://trollbridge.proboards.com/threa ... spe?page=2

Some of the art in those is actually tolerable. Enjoy.

Lakstoties
Novice

Post by Lakstoties » November 15th, 2018, 9:15 am

Always love the post-apoc tabletop games. I've had fun running a number of post-apoc tabletop games with different systems, directly taken or modded from computer games. The quest for a framework to build my own post-apoc setting drove me to craft up my own system.

So, an official Wasteland Tabletop RPG would be something I'd definitely would be interested in, even if it was just a setting reference guide to apply to run upon something existing.