Bigger party,more ammo drops,reduce weight and etc...

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

silentchoppa
Initiate

Re: Bigger party,more ammo drops,reduce weight and etc...

Post by silentchoppa » March 16th, 2018, 11:52 am

Stuurminator wrote:
March 14th, 2018, 4:03 pm
silentchoppa wrote:
March 11th, 2018, 2:09 pm
hey grohal what i think Captain is trying to get at is...
You can already make a more varied and diverse group of rangers. I've done so and completed the game myself. Now, these rangers might not be effective as some other builds, but adding more points will not change that. The CLASSIC system in Wasteland 2 is poorly balanced - I think almost everyone on this board will agree to that. Adding more points won't even things out, it'll just make everything stronger, including those "four best builds". yh but not everyone feels the same but lots do so just one of those see i would prefer more but not to the extreme just a couple more for the classic system tht way you could make funnier builds with it still being functional were as atm its functional but restricted i feel or mabey limited is a better word

If the weighted ammo is too much trouble, just carry less ammo. You don't need to carry that much ammo. Let me ask you this: how many times did you actually run out, or almost run out, of ammo playing Wasteland 2? a lot tbh pretty much all my time was spent going back after a fight and buying more it sucked see im used to no weight for ammo like pretty much every game on console were as pc probably a few more games were ammo is more important and weighted that could be a large part of it plus i hate games that focus to much on making things extremely realistic i just wanna game that i can get into but not have to think a ton about but that just me

Why do you want more skills and party members? You describe it as if they both exist only to justify the existence of each other. Why do you prefer more animals to recruitables?
to have more diversity and more skills means more fun extra bits plus if you have more skills you gonna need more party members to cover it basically atm you can cover all the skills at a push i think somone worked out the average party member covers roughly 3-4 skills i think so say the add more who is gonna pick up the extra work unless you just either reduce the cost of skill point levels so first 2-3 cost one not two and then maybe three points ending at max costing 5 just to make the new skills doable with 7 people, or increase the amount of points you get but not by a massive jump just within reason so maybe an intelligence of 4 gives you 6 points or somthing like that. tbh i just want to be able to create a party without worrying about am i gonna get all the bases covered and still enjoy the group and atm wasteland 2 dont do that which is why its not that enjoyable to play more of a chore but it could be so much better if they thought of everyone and not just the hardcore gamers for example command and conquer was great with tibirain sun but went downhill because they took out the proper base building and made it fast and more multiplayer oraintated which sucks thats why i dont play call of duty because it sucks it became the same thing over and over see if they focused more on the story than crappy multiplayer be such a better game. does anything that i just say make any sense hahaha btw i messed up so i under lined my answers

fuzzyballs01
Scholar

Post by fuzzyballs01 » March 17th, 2018, 4:52 am

I can not disagree more with the first post of this thread
everything about it is just "make the game more casual"

make the game harder, less ammo drops, more ammo weight, less party members, do the opposite of all he asked

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » March 17th, 2018, 2:11 pm

fuzzyballs01 wrote:
March 17th, 2018, 4:52 am
I can not disagree more with the first post of this thread
everything about it is just "make the game more casual"

make the game harder, less ammo drops, more ammo weight, less party members, do the opposite of all he asked
I agree on all, but never do less party members than the Wastelandish 4 + 3. Just throw more enemies (per encounter) at the group, make me actually use the badages (and give me way less than in WL 2 of that stuff). the party should catch a wound or two in EVERY encounter.
Last edited by Grohal on March 17th, 2018, 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

demeisen
Explorer

Post by demeisen » March 17th, 2018, 3:54 pm

Grohal wrote:
March 17th, 2018, 2:11 pm
I agree on all, but never do less party members than the Wastelandish 4 + 3. Just throw more enemies (per encounter) at the group
Agreed about more enemies. One of my objections to SJ mode in WL2 was that the way it cranked up difficulty was making enemies into bullet sponges. It ended up feeling weird: you could hit an unarmored human time after time with a large caliber rifle and it wouldn't go down. I think there's a balancing act, where a little bit of damage increase from the default to higher levels is OK (about where Ranger difficulty was), but too much ends up feeling wrong. Instead, much of the difficulty should come from having more enemies per encounter, and/or a mixture of more difficult sub-variants than you'd encounter at a lower level. If done right, that ends up feeling more natural, and it's still harder play, because you have to spread your turn actions between many more enemies, it's easier to get overrun, etc.

Agreed with all of the stuff fuzzyballs01 said also. Ammo and supplies were too plentiful, IMO, which detracted a little from the otherwise excellent post-apoc vibe that the art/environments/audio/characters had going on. It might make sense at lower difficulties to spam the player with ammo, but at the higher tiers, I'd like to have to be careful with the stuff, rather than being given so much I have overflowing chests of it. (This may be hard to balance between fully automatic and single fire weapons, but I'm sure that can be resolved).