Diplomacy & reactivity in Wasteland 2 vs 3 [W2 spoilers]

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

crimsoncorporation
Novice

Diplomacy & reactivity in Wasteland 2 vs 3 [W2 spoilers]

Post by crimsoncorporation » February 18th, 2017, 3:00 pm

One thing I'd like to see in Wasteland 3 as opposed to what happened in Wasteland 2 (especially in California) is that diplomatic choices actually do have consequences, good and bad. Or that there actually are choices to begin with, that end up mattering.

I'm just playing through Wasteland 2 right now and for the first time put Tori Robbinson in power. Directly afterwards I run into three random Robbinson encounters I could only solve violently due to my low Outdoorsman skill. That really makes little sense and shouldn't happen.

Likewise I reasoned on my first playthrough that the God's Militia may not be the most desirable group out there, but that it would make sense to gain them as allies against Matthias and Dugan and thus tolerate their... quirks. At first I was thrilled that the strategy seemed to work based on their enthusiastic radio broadcasts. But sure enough I found out that ultimately it doesn't matter at all how you handle them apart from some ending slides. That was pretty disappointing - I thought I was making some meaningful choices, but there was no reactivity at all, not even in the form of a disgruntled untrusting populace.

I sincerely hope this will be different in Wasteland 3, because I really liked the general idea of going to a new place and having to build the Rangers' reputation and make choices there.

Mallaca51
Explorer

Re: Diplomacy & reactivity in Wasteland 2 vs 3 [W2 spoilers]

Post by Mallaca51 » February 26th, 2017, 5:08 pm

A Cure for Anna is all I ask for. Also, to be able to take the girl with no legs to the lady who can give her legs in titan.

crimsoncorporation
Novice

Re: Diplomacy & reactivity in Wasteland 2 vs 3 [W2 spoilers]

Post by crimsoncorporation » March 2nd, 2017, 3:56 pm

Mallaca51 wrote:A Cure for Anna is all I ask for. Also, to be able to take the girl with no legs to the lady who can give her legs in titan.
And just how exactly does that relate to the point I raised about diplomatic implications?