Multiple Squads, Single Player

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Re: Multiple Squads, Single Player

Post by Gizmo » April 4th, 2017, 11:51 am

fuzzyballs01 wrote:
April 4th, 2017, 10:22 am
how would that even work for co-op, I still don't know, you both have to move around together? one guy gets a pause screen while the other moves?
If you mean in combat, I believe that D:OS used proximity to a fight to determine if the second player was in that fight, or not involved.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » April 4th, 2017, 1:52 pm

fuzzyballs01 wrote:
how would that even work for co-op, I still don't know, you both have to move around together? one guy gets a pause screen while the other moves? you both just play seperately and can see eachother? but then if you go to the same location you suddenly get 2 full squads and every battle becomes an easy win? do both players get their own enemies which then both spawn when you are both in the same area?

This is a good question, but irrelevant to single-player.

fuzzyballs01 wrote:
putting co-op into a game like this is going to ruin a good story because you'll need filler missions to stay busy and get xp and loot
remember the Skyrim randomised, repeatable quests? go there, kill that, come back except not instead of a bit of backstory, you get none?

This on the other hand is an entirely spurious assumption.

fuzzyballs01 wrote:
aaaanyways, I know what I want in a squad and they'll just be a copy paste but with different character names and bios, all the RPG elements are just going to be the same for me, so why bother getting a second one

If you don't want to bother using a feature in an interesting way, that's your choice Image but I promise there are those of us who will.

Blindchance
Scholar

Post by Blindchance » April 17th, 2017, 7:44 am

Quesswhatugoing wrote:
February 10th, 2017, 7:37 am
I thought they would be making it like Divinity Original Sin where 2 players take part through the story together on the same squad. If they did something like that I think it would be awesome.
I was hoping for the same.

Blindchance
Scholar

Post by Blindchance » April 17th, 2017, 7:47 am

sear wrote:
March 28th, 2017, 9:57 am
Gizmo wrote:
March 27th, 2017, 10:06 pm
If the game supports two squads concurrently, could it not support two squads in singleplayer?
We'll be exploring that possibility!
This would be great. Even a compromise like in Divinity: Original Sin where you split the party between two players would be great, especially if you would reflect that during conversations with two players not one reacting to NPCs an shaping their in-game style, characters.