Wasteland 3 is Live on Fig Now! - Update: WE DID IT!!!

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

sear
Developer

Wasteland 3 is Live on Fig Now! - Update: WE DID IT!!!

Post by sear » October 5th, 2016, 8:18 am

Update:

The Wasteland 3 crowdfunding has concluded! Thank you so much to everyone who has helped to make Wasteland 3 happen! :mrgreen:

In the meantime, ongoing pledging is still possible over on CrowdOx for the time being. We will have more news and updates going forward, but for now, we're going to take a few moments to catch our breath and celebrate!

Links:

Fig Campaign page: https://www.fig.co/campaigns/wasteland-3
A Frosty Reception video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xxYUgRdp0EE
Wasteland 3 Pitch video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsGh_L4eKro

RadonGOG
Scholar

Re: Wasteland 3 is Live on Fig Now!

Post by RadonGOG » October 5th, 2016, 11:07 am

Very cool pitch video and trailer once again. Please, do hand them over to Gamersyde so they can upload them in awesome quality.

Oh, and question: After I´ve backed (on a higher tier than I´ve planned initially due to your awesome vids! :D ) I saw that you will do a FIRST 48 HOURS ONLY bonus once again. But, what the heck, Steam Keys?! No free choice for the ones that wanna go DRM-free ? :( Please tell me that´s just a mistake or that you didn´t have enough space on the FIG-Page or so...

IHaveHugeNick
Master

Post by IHaveHugeNick » October 5th, 2016, 11:53 am

Jar-Jar Binks: The Robo Version.
Two rite whiff care is quite a feet of witch won should be proud.

Wintermute_of_Cof
Novice

Post by Wintermute_of_Cof » October 6th, 2016, 3:39 am

Will there be early access for Linux or will it be Windows only again? It's not clear because in the description you say "Simultaneously releasing to Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One" but in the rewards you say "PC Only".

My assumption is that you mean "Windows Only" in the rewards so on that basis my current stance is to wait for the first sale after release.

Gillsing
Explorer

Post by Gillsing » October 6th, 2016, 4:47 am

As a Linux user I'm in favour of inXile making the Early Access only for Windows-users on Steam. There are plenty of those to beta-test the game for the rest of us, and I prefer seeing the money and efforts that could've gone into Early Access for Mac/Linux instead go to making a better game in the end. And that is also the reason to back the game now rather than pay for it later: Money now can make this game better, whereas money later will only make future games better.

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » October 6th, 2016, 7:00 am

Wintermute_of_Cof wrote:Will there be early access for Linux or will it be Windows only again? It's not clear because in the description you say "Simultaneously releasing to Windows, Mac, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One" but in the rewards you say "PC Only".

My assumption is that you mean "Windows Only" in the rewards so on that basis my current stance is to wait for the first sale after release.
From the FAQ:
Wasteland 3’s final release will be on Windows, macOS, Linux, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. As a backer you will be able to play on Windows, macOS and Linux, but you can also add a PlayStation 4 or Xbox One copy as an add-on.

Early Access and Alpha releases are planned to be Steam and Windows only initially. During development, we are primarily focused on creating game content and iterating and prototyping gameplay. Attempting to actively support builds on multiple platforms too early in development can negatively impact the final quality of the game as it takes away resources we need to spend building content.
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Wintermute_of_Cof
Novice

Post by Wintermute_of_Cof » October 6th, 2016, 9:47 am

Gillsing wrote:Money now can make this game better, whereas money later will only make future games better.
I'm fine with future games being better. If I'm going to crowdfund stuff I want to be involved.
Brother None wrote:From the FAQ:
Thanks, I should have found that. I'd still recommend using consistent language across the description and the rewards to avoid any confusion.

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » October 8th, 2016, 9:20 am

Congrats InXile - you did it again. :mrgreen:
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Re: Wasteland 3 is Live on Fig Now! - Update: FUNDED

Post by Zombra » October 14th, 2016, 11:54 am

Hey inXile, why aren't the Fig updates being posted on here? I had to hear about the cool George Ziets update on RPG Codex! :?

bokkie
Novice

Post by bokkie » October 19th, 2016, 12:58 am

And the mail about it was stranded in my junk mail

Brother None
Developer

Post by Brother None » November 2nd, 2016, 12:04 pm

Zombra wrote:Hey inXile, why aren't the Fig updates being posted on here?
They're on the news forum
Thomas Beekers
Creative Producer

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » November 2nd, 2016, 12:31 pm

Thanks! I'm also getting the emails now after multiple requests to my ISP to clear Fig notifications :)

Godfather101
Explorer

Post by Godfather101 » November 3rd, 2016, 10:17 am

One Question i have:
In the Collectors Edition, which Items will get a physical counterpart and which are digital only?
The reward page leaves me is a little bit confused as it states that "including a physical copy of the game, manual, soundtrack, cloth map, art book and dog tags." but in the reward page the most things are listed as digital and at the bottom there is the reward "- Wasteland 3 Collector's Edition" .
Mostly i'm asking because of the art book.
Physical manual and such things are normal, but a printed artbook is something more special.
Hope someone can answer that.
Thanks.

Centaur
Acolyte

Re: Wasteland 3 is Live on Fig Now! - Update: WE DID IT!!!

Post by Centaur » November 4th, 2016, 3:01 pm

Does anything that is pledged on Crowdox after the FIG campaign has ended, still count towards the stretch goals?

Zombra
Global Moderator

Re: Wasteland 3 is Live on Fig Now! - Update: WE DID IT!!!

Post by Zombra » November 4th, 2016, 4:56 pm

Centaur wrote:Does anything that is pledged on Crowdox after the FIG campaign has ended, still count towards the stretch goals?
It probably will, that's how crowdfunded stuff usually works and I'm sure they want to make the Bizarre and so forth.