PayPal as an alternative backing method?

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Grohal
Master

Re: PayPal as an alternative backing method?

Post by Grohal » October 7th, 2016, 12:12 pm

Backed. :mrgreen:
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Godfather101
Explorer

Post by Godfather101 » October 7th, 2016, 12:58 pm

pts wrote: Great thank you! I just tried it out and found no option to enter Superbacker information. Will superbacker discount become aviable on later iterations of crowdox and should i wait with backing?
That's something i'm interested in too.

Jammet
Novice

Post by Jammet » October 8th, 2016, 11:01 am

Well, I've backed it now, thanks for the PayPal option. Of course it's sort of second class backers now, since we aren't granted any of the early birds or perks or any other extras, so hint hint, there's some lesson here, for future projects.

So yeah, I've got this fig code that is going to remain unused, too, I guess.

And lastly ... the backing recognition doesn't seem to be unified. Where do I enable a) the badge for Wasteland 3, and b) get this forum to recognise that I have backed yet again? The alternative emails I supplied already cover the one I use for paypal.

Godfather101
Explorer

Post by Godfather101 » October 8th, 2016, 12:17 pm

Yeah, one question do we paypal backers don't get the 5$ Discount?
That would be really bad.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 8th, 2016, 1:29 pm

Jammet wrote:Of course it's sort of second class backers now, since we aren't granted any of the early birds or perks or any other extras, so hint hint, there's some lesson here, for future projects.
I guess the lesson is "force PayPal to adjust their policies for future inXile projects" since the holdup was PayPal, not Fig or inXile.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Ident
Initiate

Post by Ident » October 8th, 2016, 2:01 pm

Whatever caused things to be as they are should be of no matter to us customers. What matters are the raw facts, i.e. that many people wanted to but could not back stuff and that those are now left without the bonuses and early backer options. Mostly those are people outside USA, where almost everyone who can has a CC

sear
Developer

Post by sear » October 8th, 2016, 2:20 pm

Jammet wrote: So yeah, I've got this fig code that is going to remain unused, too, I guess.

And lastly ... the backing recognition doesn't seem to be unified. Where do I enable a) the badge for Wasteland 3, and b) get this forum to recognise that I have backed yet again? The alternative emails I supplied already cover the one I use for paypal.
1. You can contact us at our support inbox about your Superbacker Discount: https://inxile-entertainment.com/support We don't have a formal way to bring that status over, however, we may be able to help you out manually.

2. The forum badge isn't set up yet.

Jammet
Novice

Post by Jammet » October 8th, 2016, 5:08 pm

sear wrote: 1. You can contact us at our support inbox about your Superbacker Discount: https://inxile-entertainment.com/support We don't have a formal way to bring that status over, however, we may be able to help you out manually.
Thanks very much for your consideration at this point. My comment was more about how I feel that it would have been nice to have that setup in-place from the get-go, and automated, so as to ensure that backers will have equal opportunities across all payment methods. I'm not retroactively asking for a discount; others may or may not. Considerm my $5 bill to be happy where it is -- with inXile. :D
sear wrote: 2. The forum badge isn't set up yet.
Ah, sorry, I'll check -- whenever. Maybe it'll just show up automagically at some point.
Drool wrote:
Jammet wrote:Of course it's sort of second class backers now, since we aren't granted any of the early birds or perks or any other extras, so hint hint, there's some lesson here, for future projects.
I guess the lesson is "force PayPal to adjust their policies for future inXile projects" since the holdup was PayPal, not Fig or inXile.
Nope, sorry, but what I've pointed out there should really be that lesson. I'm aware of the many flaws of the great evil PayPal empire, but we now do have proper PayPal backing - at least that's what it looks like to me. Basically all my comment amounted to is, that I hope that this mechanism will already be in-place from the get-go whenever that next project is being crowdfunded. Either that, or, keep in mind the delay, and have the same offers, early birds and what-not, extended for PayPal. Though right now - I'm positively surprised that options are available at all. That is a definite step-up from just offering the most basic backing tiers.

Darth Trethon
Acolyte

Post by Darth Trethon » October 8th, 2016, 9:23 pm

sear wrote:
Jammet wrote: So yeah, I've got this fig code that is going to remain unused, too, I guess.

1. You can contact us at our support inbox about your Superbacker Discount: https://inxile-entertainment.com/support We don't have a formal way to bring that status over, however, we may be able to help you out manually.

Will W3 have a backer portal like W2, TToN, and BT IV? And if yes, will the pledges through CrowdOx be managed there too?

pts
Acolyte

Post by pts » October 9th, 2016, 6:02 am

sear wrote: 1. You can contact us at our support inbox about your Superbacker Discount: https://inxile-entertainment.com/support We don't have a formal way to bring that status over, however, we may be able to help you out manually.

Just backed, thanks for the paypal option!

Skantate
Initiate

Post by Skantate » October 10th, 2016, 12:37 am

Darth Trethon wrote:
sear wrote:

Will W3 have a backer portal like W2, TToN, and BT IV? And if yes, will the pledges through CrowdOx be managed there too?
I hope to, cause i backed allready via crowdOX.

Thomas de Ville
Initiate

Post by Thomas de Ville » October 19th, 2016, 2:20 pm

Hello ,

This is the first time I backed a game and I have some questions and it would be nice if anyone/developer could help.
I backed WL3 with paypal because in Germany is the use of creditcards not commen.
I got the receipt from paypal, the bank and crowdox but can´t post on the fig side.
Is there no connection between the sides?
Will we get the forum badges at the end of the campaign?
Will we get Underrail or the other Game because we couldn´t pledge before paypal was included? (Would be nice)
Could you make the WL3 Theme as an animatet wallpaper in 4k?(The one on the fist side blue with the Rangers in the snowfall)

But still I´m happy INXLE gave me the chance to back WL3 with a E.B Collectors Ed. at the point of 12xxx backers :D

Thank´s for your time

Thomas

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 19th, 2016, 2:26 pm

Thomas de Ville wrote:Is there no connection between the sides?
I think they aren't fully integrated.
Will we get the forum badges at the end of the campaign?
Things like that tend to be run through inXile's website, so you should get a forum badge with no issue.
Will we get Underrail or the other Game because we couldn´t pledge before paypal was included? (Would be nice)
Nobody knows, unfortunately.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Thomas de Ville
Initiate

Post by Thomas de Ville » October 19th, 2016, 2:34 pm

Thank you for your fast reply.

Thomas

Stowven
Initiate

Post by Stowven » October 20th, 2016, 5:50 am

Hello! Same situation with Thomas. The fallout series is one of my favorite series of all time and had no hesitation backing the project. However, since I am a bit hesitant on using credit cards on sites that I am not familiar with, I then decided to go the paypal route via CrowdOx. I picked the early bird collector's edition and corresponding shipping option and paid promptly via paypal. Got the receipt and confirmation from CrowdOx.

For the good folks out there, here are my questions:
1. When will FIG recognize and acknowledge me as a backer and allow me to post in the wasteland 3 page as a backer?
2. Aside from the email receipt acknowledging me as a backer from crowdox, where will I see my backer status since there is no account profile for CrowdOx. Would like to have the peace of mind that inxile got my backer info and acknowledges me as a backer.
3. When and how do I get a forum badge?
4. Also hopefully they can consider us getting the free games since paypal option came a bit late. :))

Dumb question: Is the forum badge here in this forum or is it for Fig?

Hoping for a very successful release :)) Really pumped up on this.

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » October 20th, 2016, 8:23 am

Stowven wrote:However, since I am a bit hesitant on using credit cards on sites that I am not familiar with, I then decided to go the paypal route via CrowdOx.
FWIW Fig uses Stripe for credit card payment, which is a "classical" payment site, comparable to Paypal even if a bit smaller, but definitely a major long-term player on the scene.
Stowven wrote:1. When will FIG recognize and acknowledge me as a backer and allow me to post in the wasteland 3 page as a backer?
Likely never, you didn't go through FIG, so you won't be considered a backer by FIG. But you'll by inXile.
Stowven wrote:2. Aside from the email receipt acknowledging me as a backer from crowdox, where will I see my backer status since there is no account profile for CrowdOx. Would like to have the peace of mind that inxile got my backer info and acknowledges me as a backer.
3. When and how do I get a forum badge?
Shortly after (a few weeks, likely) after the campaign is over, inXile will open a reward/backers site like https://torment.inxile-entertainment.com/ for WL3, and on this site, you'll be listed as a backer (from your email) regardless on where you backed. From that site you'll be able to get your rewards (like the forum badge), make additional pledges, ... At least that's how they did for TTON and BT4 and it's very likely they'll do the same for WL3.
Stowven wrote:4. Also hopefully they can consider us getting the free games since paypal option came a bit late. :))
On that I can't answer.
Stowven wrote:Dumb question: Is the forum badge here in this forum or is it for Fig?
Here, like my two TTON and BT4 badges ;) (didn't hear about WL2 before TTON campaign, and got WL2 as part of my TTON pledge...)
Stowven wrote:Hoping for a very successful release :)) Really pumped up on this.
Hehe so do I ;)

Stowven
Initiate

Post by Stowven » October 20th, 2016, 10:18 pm

Thanks for the very detailed reply Kilobug. Put all of my concerns and worries to rest. Cheers :))

Jammet
Novice

Post by Jammet » May 4th, 2018, 6:58 am

It's been a bunch of years. Not very active in the forum, but to this day, the forum still doesn't even recognise that I'm a Wasteland 3 backer. No idea what to do about that.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » May 4th, 2018, 5:00 pm

As far as I know, the WL3 banners haven't been keyed up yet. It's not an automatic thing the forum does.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Jammet
Novice

Post by Jammet » May 10th, 2018, 10:58 pm

Thanks, glad you're around. I see your name a lot, here. :)

What does it mean "keyed up"? This shouldn't be quantum physics level stuff, so I'm just wondering if it's ever going to happen. It's not that I really care about that badge very much at all, but it would make me feel a little more comfortable knowing that I can verify that I even am a backer, just by having it.

This should have been there like ... 2 years ago. That seemed to me to be the only point in having it. So you know things check out.

I think I got one update email back in 2016, and since then, I've had absolutely zero info or news regarding Wasteland 3. Total radio silence, so I am here to check if I've just been forgotten somehow, or if there just plain have been no life signs from this at all, in all this time.

Anyway, reminds me of this: (just thrown in as a funny here)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ecK2kqj9S70