Power armor true skins.

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Mousey
Novice

Re: Power armor true skins.

Post by Mousey » October 23rd, 2018, 12:36 pm

Armor visualization- Others have mentioned this before: The option to toggle whether the armor is seen or not. As well as the option of just the helmet to be seen or not. As well as the option for the helmet to become invisible out of combat. This is the only game I’ve played where your armor is invisible. Everyone has different preferences. Personally I think I’d like that the helmets are invisible, but the armor is visible. Maybe have light, medium, and heavy armor. Then light armor is worn under clothing, medium is over clothing (but maybe not over head; but a trench coat would still be over the armor.), while heavy is over clothing (even head). Heavy armor is too thick and bulky to wear under armor. Then to tell them apart, have several sets of very different-looking armor art.

Perhaps art-wise, have four tiny images next to the character equipment mannequin, which can toggle between any one of the four. The first one with stick figure (meaning can’t see armor), the next with body covered with armor except has a stick neck and head (meaning see body armor but not head), the third is the same except the head is covered on one side of armor (meaning that the body armor is visible, but the helmet armor only becomes visible during combat), the fourth is a suit of armor (meaning see all the armor, all the time). Maybe instead of stick figure art, it’s blank white mannequin.

Gizmo
Grandmaster

Post by Gizmo » October 23rd, 2018, 2:49 pm

unkle wrote:
January 21st, 2018, 6:31 am
Maybe make spray cans available to change the colour of ur armor even?!

And your car even?

DEV SEE MY IDEA ON SPRAY PAINT AND MAYBE PAINTJOBS!!
An armor painter [menu] would be nice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdSi_EWCuG0

fuzzyballs01
Acolyte

Post by fuzzyballs01 » October 24th, 2018, 11:39 am

if power armour is a visible thing, I won't even use it
at best, in my second playthrough I'll just edit the skin to be an armour I do like