Wasteland 3: tell us your stretch goal ideas

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

Zombra
Global Moderator

Re: Wasteland 3: tell us your stretch goal ideas

Post by Zombra » October 12th, 2016, 2:29 pm

I saw the keychain goal. You know what physical item I really wanted with Wasteland 2? A badge! I actually got the W2 keychain and I love it, it's really solid and heavy, not at all flimsy like the little ribbons that came with the Collector's Edition. A Desert Rangers badge you could pin to your jacket and go get in a bar fight with, that's what I want.

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » October 12th, 2016, 3:51 pm

So you are into barfights, Zombra? Phew, and I always thought that's a very civil human being. :mrgreen:
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Ravn7
Initiate

Post by Ravn7 » October 13th, 2016, 8:27 am

Zombra wrote:A Desert Rangers badge you could pin to your jacket
A Ranger jacket! That's a great idea. Sell Ranger jackets.

Jimmious
Scholar

Post by Jimmious » October 13th, 2016, 9:27 am

Grohal wrote:So you are into barfights, Zombra? Phew, and I always thought that's a very civil human being. :mrgreen:
It could be also that he's waiting for his badge in order to get into one... So I'm not sure if he should get it :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Float away, little butterfly. Just flutter away. I got a gig in Vegas. And the wastelands ain't no place for kids.

Salmanasar
Acolyte

Post by Salmanasar » October 13th, 2016, 9:41 am

MORE MUSIC! Or at least more diverse one, because WL2 OST was without character (except Miracle of Sound credits song and that guitar riff during exploration) and felt very repetitive. Maybe MoS would make another "tribute" song?

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 13th, 2016, 10:44 am

How about crowdsourced music in addition to the Mark Morgan* soundtrack? With a menu under Options to turn specific tracks on or off? So that we can throw in all kinds of crazy diverse stuff without worrying about people hating a track, because they can turn it off.

Also: chiptune mode.

*Wait, is Morgan doing W3? I guess I'm just assuming that.

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » October 13th, 2016, 10:53 am

@Zombra
Brian Fargo wrote:Yes Mark Morgan will be returning to help score Wasteland 3. @Kotowst
https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/7 ... 2163642368

"help score" doesn't quite sound like it'll only be MM doing the music, though. :?
marmelade & jam

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 13th, 2016, 10:57 am

dorkboy wrote:@Zombra
Brian Fargo wrote:Yes Mark Morgan will be returning to help score Wasteland 3. @Kotowst
https://twitter.com/BrianFargo/status/7 ... 2163642368

"help score" doesn't quite sound like it'll only be MM doing the music, though. :?
#informative

I hope Morgan does more than just one or two pieces, but I for one welcome the implication that there will be other artists featured. Of course you can just as easily read it to mean it will only be Morgan; "help score" could just as easily mean "do his job". As ever, Brian's tweets are as ambiguous and fleeting as an alleged UFO sighting.

dorkboy
Master

Post by dorkboy » October 13th, 2016, 11:05 am

@Zombra
Yeah, you're right. Could mean a lot of things. No mention of MM on the Fig page, though, so in my mind that places it more in the sorta/kinda/maybe category.
marmelade & jam

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » October 13th, 2016, 1:15 pm

I don't think we need an MCA stretch goal this time around. No offense intended.

macksting
Explorer

Post by macksting » October 13th, 2016, 5:39 pm

Recruitable Mannerite NPC with a copy of To Serve Man.

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 14th, 2016, 12:11 pm

Not really a stretch goal and more of a "thing I'd like to see", but I'll put it here.

I'd like to see
Minimal UI elements,
particularly in the game field.

The "bullshots" we've seen for Wasteland 3 are beautiful. Look at this for example. Would it be greatly improved by neon green circles under the Rangers' feet? I can see where they are already.

marceror
Adventurer

Post by marceror » October 14th, 2016, 2:24 pm

If not already a feature - a party of up to 4 created characters, and 3 recruitable NPCs.

I see that the game description already indicates that you will play a sole survivor... but that doesn't mean characters can't be created later. PoE allows for this, for example.

I REALLY enjoyed playing WL2 with my family members. I don't think I can understate how much that increased my enjoyment of the game. I'm hopeful to be able to do likewise in WL3.

Alternatively, allow full player choice on this. Let a player create up to 7 characters and/or mix and match with joinable premade characters. Again, like PoE allows for.

Balls Out 3
Scholar

Post by Balls Out 3 » October 14th, 2016, 4:16 pm

Wasteland 3 stretch goal: Chris Avellone finally finishes the Wasteland 2 novel :lol:

illarion
Initiate

Post by illarion » October 28th, 2016, 2:21 pm

I would love to see the Mars bits from the original paragraph book referenced - Verchitin armour, Flamelances, the works.

Assuming actually going to Mars is thematically impractical, it could be a dream sequence, virtual reality a la Finster's Head/Darwin or something along those lines.

Stuurminator
Scholar

Post by Stuurminator » October 28th, 2016, 4:33 pm

illarion wrote:I would love to see the Mars bits from the original paragraph book referenced - Verchitin armour, Flamelances, the works.

Assuming actually going to Mars is thematically impractical, it could be a dream sequence, virtual reality a la Finster's Head/Darwin or something along those lines.
I can't tell you how tickled I was by the Mars paragraphs reference in Wasteland 2. :D

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 29th, 2016, 12:33 pm

Stuurminator wrote:I can't tell you how tickled I was by the Mars paragraphs reference in Wasteland 2. :D
Yeah, that was a great example of how to do a callback. If you weren't familiar, it was just a lunatic on the radio. For the rest of us, it was wonderful.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

Beardedpatriot
Initiate

Post by Beardedpatriot » November 17th, 2016, 9:31 am

As a former 11H (anti-armor infantryman) Id love to see the TOW weapon system, Mark-19 and M2 “Ma Deuce” 50 cal implemented for “certain” vehicles. Lets bring out some of the heavy anti armor systems for the bigger threats, bunkers, robots etc... also the M3 Regan All Terrain Hover tank from the original Wasteland, lets see it in action this time around and not as a pile of scrap in the old ammo dump in Needles.

Mole204
Explorer

Post by Mole204 » November 30th, 2016, 12:22 am

Why not send the team to Mars? How hard could it be to paint a small level red and tell the player they have to make it to the other end of the valley? All that snow translates to red dust. The hidden submarine level in Wl2 is a good example of a side mission with lots of interesting bits to it. It'd give us Serpoid fans something to look forward to. Or someone to sell out to. (Serpoid Loyalists? anyone else watch V in the 80s?) Joining Matthaias might not have appealed to everyone, despite the purity of his goals, but sometimes you just gotta say "eh, go for it" and save the lives of an alien invasion. And unleash it on Colorado. Home of NORAD, after all...

I vote that we bring back the old Interplay watermark items: shovel, a mirror, and a cryotube.

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » November 30th, 2016, 1:31 am

Ok, now we KNOW Mole204 is a troll. :mrgreen:
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.