Request: No FIG! *Updated*

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

SagaDC
Global Moderator

Re: Request: No FIG! *Updated*

Post by SagaDC » October 1st, 2016, 12:49 pm

VitaminK wrote:It is rather curious to me that literally days before the Fig campaign for W3 launches that this info was posted on their blog... timing is a little suspicious,
But you could easily look at it the other way around. It's entirely possible that they deliberately held off on announcing the Wasteland 3 campaign being run through Fig until they were sure that the SEC was going to approve future projects. Once the SEC gave the green light to Psychonauts 2, InXile may have decided that it was safe to proceed with the Wasteland 3 campaign.

It seems more likely that it was a deliberate decision on InXile's part, rather than a random "suspicious coincidence".

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 1st, 2016, 1:24 pm

1) Get ducks in row
2) Go public

:? Suspicious! :?

:P

shaigunjoe
Explorer

Post by shaigunjoe » October 1st, 2016, 1:29 pm

VitaminK wrote:It is rather curious to me that literally days before the Fig campaign for W3 launches that this info was posted on their blog... timing is a little suspicious, if I know anything about the government it's things take quite awhile to get anywhere (I know they have been working on this around a year but still, 5 days before campaign launch they get approved, then "claim" that all future games are covered although I have yet to read that anywhere else that isn't simply quoting the blog). Also since it is simply their blog parts of it could easily be in response to community backlash/questioning from the upcoming Fig campaign.

I'd say someone in the SEC is a huge Wasteland fan, and they weren't going to let it go until the game was announced.

VitaminK
Novice

Post by VitaminK » October 3rd, 2016, 9:05 am

I wasn't saying it wasn't possible. It's just extremely coincidental that it happened like that. And I personally don't believe in coincidences...

Someone has to give both points of view. I could believe either one but given a lot of the backstory behind fig and it's problems without seeing the full SEC filings and disclosure as far as W3 is concerned it could really only have to do with Psychonauts 2. Hopefully yes it will cover all future projects but who here has SEEN that information?
inXile fanboy, Wasteland survivor
Follow me on twitch.tv and see me get owned or once in awhile have a good run!

Zombra
Global Moderator

Post by Zombra » October 3rd, 2016, 11:13 am

It's not a "coincidence", that's the point. They waited to make sure their funding system could operate smoothly, then announced the campaign. What's the conspiracy here? It's like calling it a coincidence that you put on your shoes after putting on your socks. VERY SUSPICIOUS

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 3rd, 2016, 1:18 pm

VitaminK wrote:Someone has to give both points of view. I could believe either one but given a lot of the backstory behind fig and it's problems without seeing the full SEC filings and disclosure as far as W3 is concerned it could really only have to do with Psychonauts 2.
So, the base assumption that you're operating on is that Fig is lying about having SEC approval to take advantage of the May rule changes on non-accredited investors. Furthermore, that inXile is helping to promote the lie by running their campaign through Fig. And further still, Brian Fargo as CEO of inXile and adviser to Fig is buying into this lie at the cost of, potentially, two companies he's involved in, plus his professional reputation. And you further are assuming that Fig is going to solicit these illegal or quasi-legal investments apparently thinking... what? That the SEC won't notice? That we won't notice?

This is beyond assuming bad faith. This is assuming comic book villainy complete with cackling and mustache twirling.

The fact that, even if Fig is lying through their teeth (possibly while holding a snifter of brandy in claw-like fingers while swearing fealty to the Bavarian Illuminati), it only impacts unaccredited investors. It doesn't impact accredited investors nor normal crowdfunding plebes.
Alwa nasci korliri das.