Are toaster repair *PERKS* worth it ?

General discussion about Wasteland 3.
Karanshade
Initiate

* All in topic*

I'm starting over after some hours in the game (never left colorado city yet , party is lv - to 8 ) , and I'm doing some planning on the skills this time , including rerolling Kwon and Wesson)

Now I'm looking at two perks I ignored the first time around , the toaster ones. I tend to be attracted to those 'greed' perks like get more ammo , loot more ... can someone confort me or bring me back to earth (whichever is your opinion here) ?

And also I play at one level below SJ (forgot the name) , and I found it very easy so far ... how steep is the curve ?
frozyx
Adventurer
badge image for wl3badge.png

The perks can be really useful on a character that uses a weapon that deals fire dmg, like a flamethrower, a few special weapons or any weapon modded with an Incendiary Linkage. +25% from the 1st perk is quite noticeable then and also the lvl 10 perk can be nice.
Juris
Scholar

Supreme Jerk is pretty fun - a lot of perks and quirks work better on SJ (like Varangian blood).

The 'greed' perks are good, definitely on SJ where you use a lot more ammo (weaponsmith perk). The first toaster perks gives you some decent loot like mods, which you can upgrade to better mods.
Karanshade wrote: August 1st, 2021, 3:37 pm * All in topic*

I'm starting over after some hours in the game (never left colorado city yet , party is lv - to 8 ) , and I'm doing some planning on the skills this time , including rerolling Kwon and Wesson)

Now I'm looking at two perks I ignored the first time around , the toaster ones. I tend to be attracted to those 'greed' perks like get more ammo , loot more ... can someone confort me or bring me back to earth (whichever is your opinion here) ?

And also I play at one level below SJ (forgot the name) , and I found it very easy so far ... how steep is the curve ?
frozyx
Adventurer
badge image for wl3badge.png

Oh right, there are two other perks in Toaster Repair that i forgot about. Thing with these loot oriented perks is that you want to have them early, so they have a noticeable effect. But then you miss out on strong combat oriented perks for a while. Thats why i dont consider these loot perks to be very viable. After all you also safe ammo for example, if you do more dmg per bullet with combat perks. Besides all the other benefits.

Return to “Wasteland 3: General Discussion”