Co-op Feature Suggestions

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!
Mattonomicon
Developer
badge image for 4o80c0.png

Hey all, in addition to other wonderful things (*cough DLC cough*) that we're currently tinkering away on, we're also working hard to improve the Co-op experience. Along with us drilling down on some of the reported issues which we're still seeing pop up sometimes, we wanted to take a moment here to see if there was any feedback about requested features for cooperative that we may have missed.

As a general disclosure, of course just because something is mentioned doesn't mean it'll be implemented, and even if I (or 'we') don't comment on a particular callout, it doesn't mean that isn't seen or being considered. Anyway, if you have some thoughts you'd like to share, please do!

P.S. As a matter of trying to keep this specific to Co-op I would ask that if you have general suggestions that are not specific to the mode, that you either post outside of this thread. Thanks!
FYKC
Acolyte
badge image for wl3badge.png

Local, offline, splitscreen co-op.
Pvt Kobold
Novice

FYKC wrote: April 7th, 2021, 10:36 am Local, offline, splitscreen co-op.
This would be a really cool feature. I could play with friends and stuff without them needing a whole other console and copy of the game.
Sister Nancy Gaming
FYKC
Acolyte
badge image for wl3badge.png

Pvt Kobold wrote: April 7th, 2021, 11:17 am
FYKC wrote: April 7th, 2021, 10:36 am Local, offline, splitscreen co-op.
This would be a really cool feature. I could play with friends and stuff without them needing a whole other console and copy of the game.
Right? We only have the one computer, and I often have it connected to the TV and I'll play with a controller on the couch. I was looking forward to being able to enjoy this game with my fiancé. Honestly, it feels like a slap in the face whenever a game includes co-op and it's online only. Splitscreen has been figured out since the 90's.
Arosilma
Initiate

Hi, are you considering implementing more than 2 player co-op? I, and probably many many others have played games like divinity original sin with a larger group and this game would be excellent to experience thus aswell. For now holding playing it off if it would be possible later to go 4 co-op.

Checking for any developer responses :)
Norak
Initiate

- 4 player co-op would be amazing but I assume that's a no go.

- Some kind of "follow" command you can do so that you can go-to and/or follow the other squad. We're typically always going in the same direction, sometimes we lose each other or one wants to get a drink or something but has to make the other wait because both have to be present to move areas etc.

- The ability for one player to leave a conversation they've joined with the other player, right now you're stuck even if you're not interested in what they are talking about.

- The ability for one player to join a conversation they're not part of without having to find the source of the conversation, multiple times there's no clear source or it's bugged and the other person can't join the conversation or has to look for ages to be able to join the conversation.

- Pinging system, there's a lot of times when I say "There's a safe you can lockpick" and he'll say "where?". Pinging would make visual comms way easier.
VengefulCheezit
Initiate

Would very much like to see healing in co-op revamped. If one team is down, the only way to revive them is a nitrospike OR by transferring someone that is alive to the other side of the party and then have a doctor NPC heal them.

I basically would like it if a doctor NPC would heal everyone (if everyone in the other party was dead OR both party's were talking to the same doctor). Right now it feels very messy.
janmi
Novice

Co-op in Wasteland 3 is broken: the battles begin for the other player too, even if they're in a completely different place than where the battle is taking place. It's a broken mechanic, since every time this happens, the other player is stuck and basically unable to take part in a battle until many rounds have been spent on running towards the "battlefield".

I really like the implementation in Divinity: Original Sin games, where the other player can enter the battle after it has begun simply by walking close enough towards the battlefield, and they join the fight when they reach their max. weapon rage (meaning that there isn't a chance for taking a second sneak shot, which would be an unfair advantage for the player joining the battle). This way the other player would never be too far away and forced to run towards the battle for many rounds. :?

And split-screen co-op is a must.

Return to “Wasteland 3: General Discussion”