Menu options explanation

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!
Brajzah
Initiate

Does anyone know if there's a link or something to explain all the options in gameplay, interface, etc.? I'm playing on PS4 Pro and with most games it at least gives you something vague, but nothing here. Like what is simultaneous enemy movement, camera options, conversation response delay, etc.?
marceror
Adventurer
badge image for 3rz1is.png
badge image for ijw2ib.png
badge image for wl3badge.png

I don't think there is currently.

Simultaneous enemy movement I believe is just what it sounds like. Enemies take their movements at the same time, rather than one at a time.

Camera options? I don't know. Perhaps it let's you adjust the position you view the game at.

Conversation response... guessing that is an option to keep NPC comments moving without the need to advance them forward manually.
BlueSpark
Scholar

I'm most puzzled about the gameplay option called "Highlight Fill," myself.
Lenox
Initiate

BlueSpark wrote: September 14th, 2020, 12:50 am I'm most puzzled about the gameplay option called "Highlight Fill," myself.
Did you ever figure out what this does? I've played with it on and off and don't understand.
BlueSpark
Scholar

Lenox wrote: April 8th, 2021, 12:33 am Did you ever figure out what this does? I've played with it on and off and don't understand.
Actually, the latest patch added mouse-over explanations to a number of options in the game settings, including the Highlight Fill option. I believe I read what it did and thought "Oh, so that's it, huh?", but I can't even remember what exactly it was right now :P. If you're still curious to find out, I can only suggest checking it out in-game.
Lenox
Initiate

BlueSpark wrote: April 12th, 2021, 4:10 am
Lenox wrote: April 8th, 2021, 12:33 am Did you ever figure out what this does? I've played with it on and off and don't understand.
Actually, the latest patch added mouse-over explanations to a number of options in the game settings, including the Highlight Fill option. I believe I read what it did and thought "Oh, so that's it, huh?", but I can't even remember what exactly it was right now :P. If you're still curious to find out, I can only suggest checking it out in-game.
I started playing after the patch, so I didn't even know there was a time without the in-game tooltips. That being said, the explanation for this didn't help at all.

If enabled, highlighted characters and objects will have an inner fill effect.
BlueSpark
Scholar

Lenox wrote: April 12th, 2021, 10:00 am That being said, the explanation for this didn't help at all.

I strongly suspect this means the moving 'shiny' effect on highlighted objects (like a sheen of light moving from top to bottom, or from bottom to top), which makes them easier to spot. Ergo, without this option enabled, I assume only the outlines of objects would be highlighted.
Lenox
Initiate

BlueSpark wrote: April 13th, 2021, 3:20 am
Lenox wrote: April 12th, 2021, 10:00 am That being said, the explanation for this didn't help at all.

I strongly suspect this means the moving 'shiny' effect on highlighted objects (like a sheen of light moving from top to bottom, or from bottom to top), which makes them easier to spot. Ergo, without this option enabled, I assume only the outlines of objects would be highlighted.
I see. I didn't notice a difference. I'll test again tonight.
sear
Developer
badge image for 4o80c0.png

To clarify, the Highlight Fill should determine if, when hovered on or targeted, characters have a solid color overlay on their entire model, or only show an outline around them. That said, let us know if you notice anything with it not working as intended.
BlueSpark wrote: April 13th, 2021, 3:20 am I strongly suspect this means the moving 'shiny' effect on highlighted objects (like a sheen of light moving from top to bottom, or from bottom to top), which makes them easier to spot. Ergo, without this option enabled, I assume only the outlines of objects would be highlighted.
There is indeed an option to toggle that "shiny" effect on objects when you walk near them, but that one is called "Highlight Nearby Objects".

I can definitely understand it could be a bit confusing to say "highlight" for both, though.
Lenox
Initiate

sear wrote: April 13th, 2021, 1:10 pm To clarify, the Highlight Fill should determine if, when hovered on or targeted, characters have a solid color overlay on their entire model, or only show an outline around them. That said, let us know if you notice anything with it not working as intended.
Hi, Sear.

I believe this to not be working as intended. What you're describing is what I would expect to happen with Highlight Fill = ON. However, whether ON or OFF, the result is the same. I only get the outline and no inner-fill.

Maybe this is a bug with the Xbox Game Pass version of Wasteland 3? I started playing about a month ago and I have tested this many times and had consistent results.

Return to “Wasteland 3: General Discussion”