Co-op Feature Suggestions

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!
Mattonomicon
Developer
badge image for 4o80c0.png

Hey all, in addition to other wonderful things (*cough DLC cough*) that we're currently tinkering away on, we're also working hard to improve the Co-op experience. Along with us drilling down on some of the reported issues which we're still seeing pop up sometimes, we wanted to take a moment here to see if there was any feedback about requested features for cooperative that we may have missed.

As a general disclosure, of course just because something is mentioned doesn't mean it'll be implemented, and even if I (or 'we') don't comment on a particular callout, it doesn't mean that isn't seen or being considered. Anyway, if you have some thoughts you'd like to share, please do!

P.S. As a matter of trying to keep this specific to Co-op I would ask that if you have general suggestions that are not specific to the mode, that you either post outside of this thread. Thanks!
FYKC
Novice
badge image for wl3badge.png

Local, offline, splitscreen co-op.
Pvt Kobold
Initiate

FYKC wrote: April 7th, 2021, 10:36 am Local, offline, splitscreen co-op.
This would be a really cool feature. I could play with friends and stuff without them needing a whole other console and copy of the game.
Win one for the Wyman
FYKC
Novice
badge image for wl3badge.png

Pvt Kobold wrote: April 7th, 2021, 11:17 am
FYKC wrote: April 7th, 2021, 10:36 am Local, offline, splitscreen co-op.
This would be a really cool feature. I could play with friends and stuff without them needing a whole other console and copy of the game.
Right? We only have the one computer, and I often have it connected to the TV and I'll play with a controller on the couch. I was looking forward to being able to enjoy this game with my fiancé. Honestly, it feels like a slap in the face whenever a game includes co-op and it's online only. Splitscreen has been figured out since the 90's.

Return to “Wasteland 3: General Discussion”