Minor Art Inconsistency

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

FYKC
Initiate

Minor Art Inconsistency

Post by FYKC »

This is, in the grand scheme of things, not really a problem but it is something that I noticed immediately and that is that there are some vehicle husks that are pretty clearly post-1998 models. One of them looks like it could even be post-2010, and these vehicle husks are used a lot throughout the game. They stand out to me because I was under the impression the aesthetics of the Wasteland series was 80's/90s Americana and the 3D models used break that. Especially when they're used right next to a vehicle husk whose 3D model is actually that of an older 70's/80's vehicle.

I really like this game and I've got near a hundred hours into it between the Steam and Gamepass versions but I think about this every time I spot one of those husks lol

Looking forward to what y'all got coming.
belsirk
Novice

Re: Minor Art Inconsistency

Post by belsirk »

Nice catch 8-)
Mattonomicon
Developer

Post by Mattonomicon »

Nice catch indeed! Will pass this along.
MihaLbl4
Novice

Post by MihaLbl4 »

What are Soviet cars doing in Wasteland 3? :) (third picture and cars around Little Vegas)
FYKC
Initiate

Post by FYKC »

I'm assuming they all came from a generic model pack. Fixing this should be as simple as updating the source art files with appropriate models and all the instances should automatically update without needing to replace each individual vehicle. Honestly I would be blown away if this is actually something that gets updated.

Return to “Wasteland 3: General Discussion”