Game modding

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

fuzzyballs01
Scholar

Game modding

Post by fuzzyballs01 » October 3rd, 2019, 5:19 am

So a big way to keep games alive is modding them.
How big are the odds of WL3 getting an XCOM2 or Bethesda type modding system? just select on the workshop, enable in the launcher and presto, more variety in everything from guns to armour, and some rebalancing.
edit: that also reminded me that the reason XCOM 2 is so replayable is because of randomisation
how much randomisation will WL3 have? if everything is set in stone like in WL2, what's the point in playing through the whole thing more than once every six months? you know what to expect, every game after the first one will just be the same

Any users with a username regarding an animal suited to subterranean lifestyle need not reply.

Stuurminator
Scholar

Re: Game modding

Post by Stuurminator » October 3rd, 2019, 3:06 pm

fuzzyballs01 wrote:
October 3rd, 2019, 5:19 am
Any users with a username regarding an animal suited to subterranean lifestyle...
Like, mouse burrows?

Grohal
Master

Post by Grohal » October 4th, 2019, 1:40 am

Modding makes most games better. Can't stand Bethesda-Vanilla stuff anymore. Also the Paradox-games gain much from modding.

At worst everyone gets the game the way he wants with modding. So I am all for it.
Hell is no place, hell is a condition.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Post by Drool » October 4th, 2019, 1:55 pm

fuzzyballs01 wrote:
How big are the odds of WL3 getting an XCOM2 or Bethesda type modding system?
Considering the modding support for WL2 (where it was an actual, achieved, stretch goal), I'm gonna say "slim to none".
Alwa nasci korliri das.

fuzzyballs01
Scholar

Post by fuzzyballs01 » October 5th, 2019, 1:53 am

Grohal wrote:
October 4th, 2019, 1:40 am
At worst everyone gets the game the way he wants with modding. So I am all for it.
so did my Skyrim combat mod get lost in the mail or something? the closest I got was finding a mod that adds weapon collision, and spending 2 hours jurry rigging it to work in VR, which FINALLY makes dual wielding fun

fuzzyballs01
Scholar

Post by fuzzyballs01 » October 5th, 2019, 1:58 am

Drool wrote:
October 4th, 2019, 1:55 pm
fuzzyballs01 wrote:
How big are the odds of WL3 getting an XCOM2 or Bethesda type modding system?
Considering the modding support for WL2 (where it was an actual, achieved, stretch goal), I'm gonna say "slim to none".
but we got Microsoft money now, dude
it's not like I'm expecting XCOM 2's "here's half a game and mod tools, create the rest yourself" type of game, but I'd like some mod tools to eventually come out

but then my second question, how much randomising is there? is the main story just going to end with nothing left to do, or are there going to be random events/missions? like "enemy type (c) is doing bad thing (f) at location (d), go out there and sternly wag your finger (it's up to you if it's in their face or on your triggers)"

that kind of stuff could be modded
armours and weapons, amount of enemies, enemy types, nothing huge like a whole new area with story
just more meat in the mystery stew

fuzzyballs01
Scholar

Post by fuzzyballs01 » October 10th, 2019, 10:24 am

151 views, 5 replies
where exactly do you go to get answers from the actual devs if not the official forum