The bizarre and eta on alpha?

Discussion about the upcoming Wasteland 3!

Moderator: Ranger Team Alpha

lt-shepherd
Initiate

The bizarre and eta on alpha?

Post by lt-shepherd » November 1st, 2018, 2:12 pm

These are my questions:
1. as a backer who also got the rights to play on the alpha, any eta on that? Its been a while and you'd expect by now to get to atleast some early form of a playable game.
2. Will the bizarre content also be added to the game? Because with the late pledges after the successful campaign you'd assume they got the extra hmph they needed to get that in.

So far I never seen anyone ask the second question and it's the one I would most like to get answered, thank you.

Drool
Forum Moderator

Re: The bizarre and eta on alpha?

Post by Drool » November 1st, 2018, 2:33 pm

There's been no announcement at all on an Alpha.
Alwa nasci korliri das.

lt-shepherd
Initiate

Post by lt-shepherd » November 3rd, 2018, 10:45 am

Looking both at the crowdox website and fig they have doubled their goal (keep in mind, from what I know, these are two different crowd fundings, because the numbers are pretty much all different on both) so they have the money to get the bizarre content in, but will they?

Araton
Novice

Post by Araton » November 3rd, 2018, 8:13 pm

Drool wrote:
November 1st, 2018, 2:33 pm
There's been no announcement at all on an Alpha.
Well, a "hold your horses, we're still working on it!" answer from an active developer would be nice to read.

fuzzyballs01
Acolyte

Post by fuzzyballs01 » November 4th, 2018, 8:26 am

why not check official news for a playable beta announcement instead of asking random people not working for the company, wasting everyone's time
why even ask when you already see people ask the question before
you should know there isn't an ETA

I don't follow WL3 all that much, and even I know it won't be happening 2018
I think Fargo said Q3 2019 on a stupid random youtube podcast I got suggested, and only skipped to the WL3 bit

Araton
Novice

Post by Araton » November 5th, 2018, 3:37 am

fuzzyballs01 wrote:
November 4th, 2018, 8:26 am
I think Fargo said Q3 2019 on a stupid random youtube podcast I got suggested, and only skipped to the WL3 bit
It-sheperd was talking about the early alpha, which should be around the corner if the 2019 Q3 release date is not delayed to Q4 or 2020 Q1 or something like that. So, the question is relevant.

Btw. asking shouldn't be somekind of crime, like you are trying to paint it. If people can't ask questions then why is this forum here in the first place? Repetition is only a sign that the question hasn't been addressed properly.

lt-shepherd
Initiate

Post by lt-shepherd » November 7th, 2018, 8:19 am

Araton wrote:
November 5th, 2018, 3:37 am
fuzzyballs01 wrote:
November 4th, 2018, 8:26 am
It-sheperd was talking about the early alpha, which should be around the corner if the 2019 Q3 release date is not delayed to Q4 or 2020 Q1 or something like that. So, the question is relevant.

Btw. asking shouldn't be somekind of crime, like you are trying to paint it. If people can't ask questions then why is this forum here in the first place? Repetition is only a sign that the question hasn't been addressed properly.
Thank you for backing me up here, I literally didn't know how to respond to that guy, some people need to take the chill pill I guess, either way my main question would be the bizarre content, not the alpha

Araton
Novice

Post by Araton » November 8th, 2018, 1:55 am

lt-shepherd wrote:
November 7th, 2018, 8:19 am
Thank you for backing me up here, I literally didn't know how to respond to that guy, some people need to take the chill pill I guess, either way my main question would be the bizarre content, not the alpha
You are welcome! Now, about the strechgoals:
Looking both at the crowdox website and fig they have doubled their goal (keep in mind, from what I know, these are two different crowd fundings, because the numbers are pretty much all different on both) so they have the money to get the bizarre content in, but will they?
You are right about Crowdox and Fig being different crowdfundings. Crowdox shows that Wasteland 3 has passed the 3.25 million dollars funding, while Fig was freezed on 3.12. I read in one of the comments from the developers that they were promptly updating both Fig and Crowdox as the campaign was still going. To me it seems that they stopped synchronizing these values just after the Fig campaign closed.

Now, strechgoals were declared on Fig and not on Crowdox, so I guess InXile can argue that based on the collected money from Fig (before the deadline was hit) wasn't enough for them. So, the funding for The Bizarre did not succeed. Then again they put a link on CrowdOx to Fig, which suggests that the same rules applied to both funding campaigns.

I personally would love to see The Bizarre appear in the game, just to see what the idea was.

Now, about Wasteland 3, I looked around and I've found this on twitter:
https://twitter.com/Inxile_Ent/status/1 ... 58210?s=19

It seems that the game is still under development, but there should be an update on that sometime in the future.

lt-shepherd
Initiate

Post by lt-shepherd » November 8th, 2018, 3:02 am

You are correct with what you said, I looked into it myself and came to the same conclusion. but its wierd to me that they missed their promise of delivering an update last month.
Personally even a simple "were working on it" will be more soothing than not saying anything Atall.

Araton, I would like to keep in contact with you so I ask for your steam name.

lt-shepherd
Initiate

Post by lt-shepherd » November 10th, 2018, 1:27 pm

@sear your input in this topic would be much appreciated