Endgame fathoms bug?

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

SelvagemKC
Initiate

Endgame fathoms bug?

Post by SelvagemKC » February 13th, 2018, 7:37 am

Neither Callistege nor Tybir & Auvigne are in the Oasis fathom. Both were in good health when they left the party in the Bloom, just before the Memovira fight, and Broken Hearts was completed. Did they have to be in your party for that fight to be there? Does not seem to be the case with two companions who weren't in party but are in the Calm now.

Mazzof is in the Oasis, but that's it. Efimpi provided information to free Matkina and other npc's.

Anyone else run into this?

PirroEpirote
Initiate

Re: Endgame fathoms bug?

Post by PirroEpirote » February 13th, 2018, 10:37 am

I believe it's not bugged, it's just that it's counterintuitive.

Namely, the way I think it works is this:
  • All castoffs are sucked in by the Labyrinth, so Matkina is always in.
  • Oom somehow lives in the Labyrinth, so he's always in.
  • For the rest, you'll only find the ones you brought to the Memovira confrontation and get sucked by the Resonance Crystal.
So, for an optimal outcome, you MUST bring Erritis, Callistege and Tybir to that encounter (Alligern's quest gets resolved out of the Labyrinth). This is very "metagamey" and the devs should have offered a way to resolve those quests more organically in the regular gameplay, but I digress.

SelvagemKC
Initiate

Post by SelvagemKC » February 13th, 2018, 12:18 pm

Aha! That makes sense. Thank you!

Jozape
Explorer

Post by Jozape » February 17th, 2018, 11:37 am

PirroEpirote wrote:
February 13th, 2018, 10:37 am
I believe it's not bugged, it's just that it's counterintuitive.

Namely, the way I think it works is this:
  • All castoffs are sucked in by the Labyrinth, so Matkina is always in.
  • Oom somehow lives in the Labyrinth, so he's always in.
  • For the rest, you'll only find the ones you brought to the Memovira confrontation and get sucked by the Resonance Crystal.
So, for an optimal outcome, you MUST bring Erritis, Callistege and Tybir to that encounter (Alligern's quest gets resolved out of the Labyrinth). This is very "metagamey" and the devs should have offered a way to resolve those quests more organically in the regular gameplay, but I digress.
Oom is in the Labyrinth? I looked over the whole thing and couldn't find them even though they were in party prior to the resonance chamber being activated. I did get a mention of them at the end of the game though.