Save game files appear to be corrupted

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Decoherent
Initiate

Save game files appear to be corrupted

Post by Decoherent » March 30th, 2017, 2:46 pm

I'm unable to load my most recent save- when I try, the loading bar moves partway, sort of resets back again, then drops me back on the main menu with the helpful dialog box "Error". This happens with both my manual save and the autosave. This is right after the Sorrow event which ended up with me in the Bloom (I'm desperately trying to avoid seeing any spoilers). My previous saves all seem to load correctly, but I really don't want to replay the past 1.5 hours :/ Is there any way to try to fix the save files?

Decoherent
Initiate

Re: Save game files appear to be corrupted

Post by Decoherent » March 31st, 2017, 3:33 pm

Does anyone have any ideas? I just re-played the last hour, saved it to a new save, and those can't be loaded either :( I don't even know what to do, I can't play the rest of the game without saving.

Decoherent
Initiate

Post by Decoherent » March 31st, 2017, 5:40 pm

Here's a screenshot of the least helpful error message ever. I've already tried re-installing. Starting to get concerned I might not be able to finish the game :(

Decoherent
Initiate

Post by Decoherent » March 31st, 2017, 5:46 pm

While I'm being helpful, here's the chunk of output_log.txt from after clicking "load" on one of these save files. "ArgumentNullException" can't be good.