[Bug] Items + some suggestions

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Rink
Acolyte

[Bug] Items + some suggestions

Post by Rink » March 29th, 2017, 10:05 am

Hi

I encountered some small problems with items in the game:

1. Reactive Plate Armor: Fettle "Protected" doesn't trigger when attacked/hit (doesn't matter if physical attack or magical attack)
Maybe check if this should trigger on all attacks or if the description has to be adapted. If it is a general problem, check with other items that have the same effect (there are other items that do the same fettle with higher stats).
2. Whispers: This artifact does knockback on hit, however this information is missing in the description.
3. Runic Blade of Tol Danor: this artifact does knockback on hit, however this information is missing in the description.

General suggestions:
4. Bonded Items often have a description in red "+4 damage [...]", for exp. the item "Candiru". It took me 80 hours to find out that this only applies to unarmed attacks for this item, because the description sounds like it always adds +4 damage and only the damage per effort applied is for unarmed attacks. Similarly the item "Berserker's Yoke" doesn't state what attacks do receive +3 damage (seems like it's only physical attacks), others only apply to magical spells. So it would be nice to add "for unarmed attacks" directly after the "+X damage" description in red as well to clarify the fact.
5. The damage per effort on weapons is usually also not specified as what kind of damage. The item "Whispers" for example adds energy damage per effort applied and not physical damage. The "impossible Blade" does only cause relativistic damage. This seems to be important information. If the effort is in a damage that changes the color of the text, then the effort text should have that color too. What kind of damage do bonded items add on effort?

Skills:
6. The skill "Armor Export" is additive with other skills that reduce cost for armor. It would be good if those skills would state this fact.
7. When leveling up and adding a point to one of your magic spells, then the impact of this point on the skill is not shown immediately, so if I put a point in a skill to upgrade it to "trained" then the skill description should change to the one of "trained" on the levelup-screen.

8. Minor Bug: when using the dome in Caravanserai and finding the girl at the fire: it is possible to state this to Rhin in a loop in the dialogue, raising gold tide over and over again when stating it to her for the first time.

9. Minor Bug: while the Miel Avest fight one of my guys failed a smashing test. It was impossible for Erritis to remove the barricade afterwards, because I could not select how much effort he should put into the task. Erritis had 4 edge in strength, one point in smashing and +10% through his other skills for smashing, so for some reason that probably is too good to give him the option to try to destroy the barricade.
--------------------------------------------------------
You can't stay young - but you can refuse to grow old.

Rink
Acolyte

Re: [Bug] Items + some suggestions

Post by Rink » March 31st, 2017, 12:27 pm

Some other minor bugs:

- when Rhin reaches Tier 4 (as a child), Varlin (bonded item) will get duplicated and also put into the inventory of Rhin. It is probably because the cypher limit is raised and this is done through a change in the item Varlin.
- sometimes the spell "Gravity manipulation" can pull people into the space where other people stand. When I did that with the mechanical construct in the Bloom: the construct just stopped attacking while sharing the same space as Erritis.
- grown up Rhin doesn't bring the Ornament god with her, even if you gave it to her back in Sagus Cliffs.
--------------------------------------------------------
You can't stay young - but you can refuse to grow old.