Bug report: blurred text in some places

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Adahn451
Initiate

Bug report: blurred text in some places

Post by Adahn451 » March 25th, 2017, 1:43 pm

This is a very weird bug, as some text seems slightly blurred in some places, while (seemingly) using the same font face / size / color.

For example here, the text "Consumes Movement" and everything below it is sharp, while all text above it is slightly blurred. At first I though I was imagining it, but I am now sure after taking several screenshots and comparing the same letters from different lines in photoshop.

I am using Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit, 1920x1200 resolution.

sear
Developer

Re: Bug report: blurred text in some places

Post by sear » March 26th, 2017, 7:19 am

This is a known issue caused by a bug with Unity's text scaling. We're investigating possible fixes for a future update.

The game's UI is rendered internally at native 4K, and rescaling to your selected resolution is what is causing the text to blur. If the issue bothers you, if you have an NVIDIA graphics card that is fast enough to run the game at 4K, one work-around might be to use DSR and set your desktop and game to 4K res, as that should eliminate the text scaling (and make the game look super-sharp in general).

Adahn451
Initiate

Post by Adahn451 » March 26th, 2017, 8:17 am

sear wrote:
March 26th, 2017, 7:19 am
This is a known issue caused by a bug with Unity's text scaling. We're investigating possible fixes for a future update.

The game's UI is rendered internally at native 4K, and rescaling to your selected resolution is what is causing the text to blur. If the issue bothers you, if you have an NVIDIA graphics card that is fast enough to run the game at 4K, one work-around might be to use DSR and set your desktop and game to 4K res, as that should eliminate the text scaling (and make the game look super-sharp in general).
My video card is Radeon RX 480.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » March 26th, 2017, 8:44 am

Adahn451 wrote:
March 26th, 2017, 8:17 am
My video card is Radeon RX 480.
I believe AMD has a similar feature called VSR, though I haven't used it myself. Might work for you! There are also third-party tools like GeDoSaTo which might work too.