Hit the jackpot on possible Ashen Imitation bugs?

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Sunyavadin
Initiate

Hit the jackpot on possible Ashen Imitation bugs?

Post by Sunyavadin » March 9th, 2017, 5:52 pm

So, it seems I've managed every single possible bug with this quest.
After the ghost first dragged me into the fathom, I stepped outside and the somewhat out of phase Seria was there. One tug with the tides, and she was there to talk to me, after a brief discussion she exploded in a fountain of blood. Okay, lesson learned on not doing that again. But having interacted with her, I went back to tell the ghostly woman. However I had no dialogue options with her, and no other NPCs had spawned within it.
Assuming that this was an intended consequence of using the tides like that, I went outside again, only to find Seria was back, and seeming much better. I spoke with her, even getting the permanent buff from her, and went on my way to find everyone else. The only one I didn't discover was supposed to be one of the affected women was Kiyatawa, who I only learned about later when googling bugs with this quest, and who it appears sometimes for whatever reason doesn't have any possible interactions dealing with this quest.
After finding everyone else, I killed myself with the mirror, and went back, assuming that now I'd found them all, something in the fathom should have updated, but no. Nothing has progressed except my journal.

Is it looking likely that a fix for these bugs in a future patch might require a full restart, or not? I'm reluctant to continue playing until we have an answer on this.

Sunyavadin
Initiate

Re: Hit the jackpot on possible Ashen Imitation bugs?

Post by Sunyavadin » March 9th, 2017, 5:54 pm

Of course, if there's a command-line interface to manually set quest stages, and someone could let me know how to access it, I can probably fix this myself.

JoniOdin
Novice

Post by JoniOdin » May 27th, 2017, 7:50 pm

Sunyavadin wrote:
March 9th, 2017, 5:52 pm
The only one I didn't discover was supposed to be one of the affected women was Kiyatawa, who I only learned about later when googling bugs with this quest, and who it appears sometimes for whatever reason doesn't have any possible interactions dealing with this quest.
That's exactly my problem too.
She didn't have any possible interactions except for the murder quest thing.
Now at the end of the murder quest she has fled, and I don't know if I can still solve the Ashen quest.
Is there any way of doing that without having to replay the last couple of hours?

JoniOdin
Novice

Post by JoniOdin » June 1st, 2017, 10:17 am

JoniOdin wrote:
May 27th, 2017, 7:50 pm
Sunyavadin wrote:
March 9th, 2017, 5:52 pm
The only one I didn't discover was supposed to be one of the affected women was Kiyatawa, who I only learned about later when googling bugs with this quest, and who it appears sometimes for whatever reason doesn't have any possible interactions dealing with this quest.
That's exactly my problem too.
She didn't have any possible interactions except for the murder quest thing.
Now at the end of the murder quest she has fled, and I don't know if I can still solve the Ashen quest.
Is there any way of doing that without having to replay the last couple of hours?
Well, apparently if you have found all the other characters you don't need her to complete the quest. :)