Corrupted save games

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Dungy
Initiate

Corrupted save games

Post by Dungy »

I played for about 4 hours last night, diligently saving my game every about 30 minutes to a new save slot.

This morning, my last 2 hours of saved games are corrupt, and when I load, it attempts to load my character's zone, and then gives an error message and sends me back to the main menu.

Why did this happen? Why did I lose 2 hours of gameplay? How can I avoid this happening in the future?
reggler
Initiate

Re: Corrupted save games

Post by reggler »

Do you still have old saves from the beta in your saves folder? That caused an issue with savegames not appearing in the menu. Fixable by deleting the old saves. Doesn't really sound related, tbh, but it can't hurt to try.
Endure. In enduring, grow strong.
Dungy
Initiate

Post by Dungy »

I never played the beta. I downloaded the GOG version last night, and I have never installed the game before this.
Eat_the_Wolves
Initiate

Post by Eat_the_Wolves »

I started playing last night on PS4, keeping two save files I rotated saves on over the course of about 4 hours. After playing, I allowed the game to update. Now I am receiving a message that these saves cannot be loaded because they are from a prior version of the game, and I am being advised to delete them and boot a save from the updated version of the game.

So do I seriously have to start the game over or revert to pre-patch and play through without ever updating? I need direction.
Dungy
Initiate

Post by Dungy »

I am getting this problem again.

I restarted, and I played for 6 hours.

Now, all of my saved games after the 3 hour mark are once again unuseable, and I can not restore. This is garbage, the game is unplayable, as I keep getting corrupted saved games after 3 hours of play, and can no longer restore.
Dungy
Initiate

Post by Dungy »

Even restores that USED to work, are also corrupted. Game is entirely unplayable for me. I'll have to ask for a refund through GOG.
Dungy
Initiate

Post by Dungy »

OK, I have discovered the problem. This occurred BOTH times when I entered the Stitcha lair.

I saved my game in the lair, and attempted to restore, and saved game crashes.
Every game I try to restore during that instance becomes corrupt

If I restart the program, games that I did not try to load in my corrupted instance will restore, but games that I tried to load in my corrupted instance will never be useable again.

Once again I lost 3 - 4 hours of play time. I'm done with this game, and will be asking for a refund.
Eat_the_Wolves
Initiate

Post by Eat_the_Wolves »

It would be lovely if we could get any word whatsoever from someone in the know about getting this problem fixed ASAFP. I had an absolutely wonderful play session last night, and now it looks like I might be screwed in progressing any further. Seriously guys, can we get some advice, help, something in here? I WANT TO PLAY YOUR GAME.
Dungy
Initiate

Post by Dungy »

When I restore, the progress gets to about 50% for the zone, and then goes back to 30%, progresses to 50% and crashes. Is there anyone at all who can offer me information on this. Things are awfully silent.
eNTi
Scholar

Post by eNTi »

I suggest you write to support. I'm not sure anyone "relevant" really even reads these forums.

Return to “TTON: Technical Help”