Backer Outfit Upgrade on GOG?

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

xieliming
Initiate

Backer Outfit Upgrade on GOG?

Post by xieliming » February 28th, 2017, 8:55 pm

I noticed that the reward "Backer Outfit Upgrade" doesn't allow you to select a key for GOG, only Steam. Will a option for GOG be added/provided?

sear
Developer

Re: Backer Outfit Upgrade on GOG?

Post by sear » February 28th, 2017, 10:25 pm

As GOG is a DRM-free platform, it does not have the same system to check for and authenticate DLC that Steam does. However, we're working on an alternate method that will let GOG backers get the outfits separately. We hope to have that available soon. Thanks for your patience!

TrueNeutral
Initiate

Post by TrueNeutral » February 28th, 2017, 11:42 pm

sear wrote:As GOG is a DRM-free platform, it does not have the same system to check for and authenticate DLC that Steam does. However, we're working on an alternate method that will let GOG backers get the outfits separately. We hope to have that available soon. Thanks for your patience!
GOG has handled DLC and preorder bonus content for a while now. See Pillars of Eternity and many other games for example.

If inXile is willing to sell the game itself DRM-free on GOG (a decision which won my support during the Kickstarter), why would you require DRM for this DLC?

Please provide the outfit pack on GOG. There's no need for a workaround or any kind of complex 'solution' - because there should be no problem in the first place.

Here, take a look at PoE on my GOG shelf:

https://s14.postimg.org/d3dl74d29/GOG_bonus.png

ainuma
Initiate

Post by ainuma » March 1st, 2017, 12:40 am

GoG has also a upgrade Package for Wasteland 2 ... a Game you might know ;)

https://www.gog.com/game/wasteland_2_di ... on_upgrade

This would be a nice addition ... so i can download all the backer-items on one platform ... worked on Wastland 2

Captain Rage
Initiate

Post by Captain Rage » March 1st, 2017, 1:54 am

Great to hear! I agree with the former authors: since GoG is doing everything DRM-free, add it as a separate download/patch.
So far the deployment of the game seems to have been handled well. Congratulations on the release!

Phoenix
Initiate

Post by Phoenix » March 1st, 2017, 2:48 am

I tried to redeem my rewards today and also noticed that this upgrade is Steam-only. :?

Are there any news about your discussions with GOG?

As my previous posters said, it should not be a technically difficult to offer this.

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » March 1st, 2017, 2:50 am

Phoenix wrote:I tried to redeem my rewards today and also noticed that this upgrade is Steam-only. :?

Are there any news about your discussions with GOG?
Sear said "We hope to have that available soon." not even 4 hours ago, give them a bit of breath, it's still the night in the US, and they had a very busy day yesterday... hopefully we'll get it before the end of the week ! :)

OneVurfedGwrx
Initiate

Post by OneVurfedGwrx » March 1st, 2017, 3:00 am

Seems to me as this is only a bonus outfit it should just be added as a DRMfree download on your GOG page. It doesn't sound like it really needs DRM You need to look at the higher tier Pillars of Eternity Kickstarter edition which on GOG has all of our extras and isn't buyable in the store as an example.

sear
Developer

Post by sear » March 6th, 2017, 8:50 pm

TrueNeutral wrote:
sear wrote:As GOG is a DRM-free platform, it does not have the same system to check for and authenticate DLC that Steam does. However, we're working on an alternate method that will let GOG backers get the outfits separately. We hope to have that available soon. Thanks for your patience!
GOG has handled DLC and preorder bonus content for a while now. See Pillars of Eternity and many other games for example.

If inXile is willing to sell the game itself DRM-free on GOG (a decision which won my support during the Kickstarter), why would you require DRM for this DLC?

Please provide the outfit pack on GOG. There's no need for a workaround or any kind of complex 'solution' - because there should be no problem in the first place.

I don't know how Pillars did it on GOG, but they probably have a separate installer that you can download. That's the kind of thing we're working on setting up right now.

shmerl
Acolyte

Post by shmerl » March 6th, 2017, 9:20 pm

GOG can just offer a patch installer, that only backers would get and which would install whatever modifications it's supposed to. Shouldn't be hard. You'd need to update it every time the game is updated though (since patching is incremental), unless that add-on doesn't modify base game files.

Skysect
Initiate

Post by Skysect » March 7th, 2017, 2:31 am

sear wrote:
TrueNeutral wrote:

I don't know how Pillars did it on GOG, but they probably have a separate installer that you can download. That's the kind of thing we're working on setting up right now.
Yup , I said that on other threads million times . You could do it as two ways ,

1) Seperate files for DLC files . Many other games on GOG (Pillars of Eternity too) doing with this way .
For example:
tier1preorder.unity3d
tier2backer.unity3d

2) Assembly-CSharp-firstpass.dll
Assembly-CSharp.dll
Assembly-UnityScript.dll

Some games are authenticate DLC with those files too .

That's all you could do on GOG :) I can't see anything complicated . Or I don't know why it's take too much time .

FuegoVerde
Initiate

Post by FuegoVerde » March 8th, 2017, 8:45 am

It's been more than a week since the game release and I can't believe they still haven't gotten around to fixing this. Actually, I can't believe the problem came to exist in the first place, since the game redeem code became available first and the outfit upgrade came later. If the former is for both GOG and Steam, how on earth would they have thought it OK for the latter to be for Steam only? It's utterly beyond me, unless they mean this to be a punishment for those of us who chose GOG instead of Steam.

It's looking like I'm going to finish the fist playthrough without the backer outfit. Have to say I'm NOT impressed.

vv221
Forum Moderator

Post by vv221 » March 8th, 2017, 9:31 am

FuegoVerde wrote:If the former is for both GOG and Steam, how on earth would they have thought it OK for the latter to be for Steam only?
The DLC outfit has most proably been created by Techland, who sells only Steam copies of the game.
But now inXile are the ones who have to find a way to get it on GOG, so I guess you can see why it’s kind of a mess to untangle.

Skysect
Initiate

Post by Skysect » March 8th, 2017, 10:03 am

vv221 wrote:
FuegoVerde wrote:If the former is for both GOG and Steam, how on earth would they have thought it OK for the latter to be for Steam only?
The DLC outfit has most proably been created by Techland, who sells only Steam copies of the game.
But now inXile are the ones who have to find a way to get it on GOG, so I guess you can see why it’s kind of a mess to untangle.
Really ? I am thinking you are utterly mess . I can't be calm down now . You are moderator on here but even don't know anything about who developed this game and who developed something . This game purely developed by InXile . And everything created by InXile , don't lie to people . Or don't give false accusations if you don't know anything . I can't tolerate your ignorance .

PS: InXile messed up everything and even can't bring the DLC . That's all . Stop posting those lame excuses .

seden
Initiate

Post by seden » March 10th, 2017, 4:24 pm

Thank Sear for you response, without any follow up a week later. Quite a success as to actual community management.

Then, the actual addon, still not avalaible over gog, guess two year are to little time to check in advance how exactly the delivery plateform you will be using (a tool) is working and so get to the release date and have to see "now" about an actual delivery to the DRM free backers.

Success, all over.

Damn joke, not like it would change my situation (game crashing the system without any reason, still, seeing what some people wrote about the game use of system resources ?) Two years of development would have been to little time to optimise the code.

Next, and should not be a bad experience = openMW, community made engine + editor, first made to support new scripts and function for TES III : Morrowind, it is now able to handle whater game setting, provided textures (and related meshes), this knowing a community created pack (compiling the resources for base creation (Fantastic, Past (quite complicated, how long ago + where), Actual (..), future).
Should be released as 1.0 soon, to be seen.

Shot_F
Initiate

Post by Shot_F » March 12th, 2017, 4:28 am

Well, InXile is working on shipping the outfiе DLC in GOG about two weeks without any progress. What caused that delay? Why they didn't explore this problem BEFORE release? InXile, you should be ashamed.

Skysect
Initiate

Post by Skysect » March 13th, 2017, 12:10 pm

2 weeks passed and we got nothing . It's really awesome . :evil:

sear
Developer

Post by sear » March 13th, 2017, 4:07 pm

Hi guys, it's out now!

https://torment.inxile-entertainment.co ... /downloads

You will find a download available there which you can use to install the outfits on the GOG version of the game.

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » March 13th, 2017, 7:21 pm

sear wrote:Hi guys, it's out now!

You will find a download available there which you can use to install the outfits on the GOG version of the game.
One of the outfits has this bug, when your Cypher Limit does change only after you close and open Inventory again.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

Corylea
Initiate

Post by Corylea » March 14th, 2017, 9:33 am

sear wrote:Hi guys, it's out now!

Great news! Thanks for getting this to work.