No key in pledge/reward

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.
Herold
Initiate

Hi there.

I backed Torment waaay back on Kickstarter, and just registered to get my key.

However, the website tells me I have no rewards or pledges. I have tried claiming my pledges, but nothing happens.

I have no other accounts used for kickstarter - and I double checked this just in case. My confirmation lists the correct mail address and I also backed Wasteland 2 back in the day on the same account and that registers just fine.

What to do?
prajmen
Initiate

Hi.

i have exactly the same problem as you have atm.

when i go to the pledge or reward tab it just tells me i should verify my mail.

it has been verifyed and i contacted support about it but i guess its gona take a few days before they have time to look in to it.

i suggest that you also write to them about your problem aswell.

atleast your not alone.
Herold
Initiate

Well, I'm both sad and relieved. :D

I've tried pretty much every venue, so now I am playing the waiting game. It shouldn't be that hard after so many years... but it is.
Greatness7
Initiate

Same happening here...
DannyG
Initiate

Yep. Apparently, my email was not verified (Which is BS because It definitely was.)

When I click on "Verify Email" I get this:

Warning: include_once(./include/lib/constructors/users/index.class.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /var/www/torment.inxile-entertainment.com/public/pages/user/private/emails.php on line 133

Warning: include_once(): Failed opening './include/lib/constructors/users/index.class.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/php:/usr/share/pear') in /var/www/torment.inxile-entertainment.com/public/pages/user/private/emails.php on line 133

Fatal error: Class 'email' not found in /var/www/torment.inxile-entertainment.com/public/pages/user/private/emails.php on line 135

So yeah. This is awesome. :x
Herold
Initiate

That error might be related. It happened when I tried to verify too - and it finally worked and my mail is listed as verified on the website, but there's no rewards or pledges attached to it.
DannyG
Initiate

Herold wrote:That error might be related. It happened when I tried to verify too - and it finally worked and my mail is listed as verified on the website, but there's no rewards or pledges attached to it.

How did you manage to get it working? I'm just spam clicking verify hoping for a different result.
Herold
Initiate

I think a lot of people are doing that, which is probably why it is breaking.

I don't think I did anything specifically, other than trying once in a while - and suddenly it was listed as verified.

Now I just need the system to accept that I used that mail to back the game on kickstarter :D
chillaxis
Initiate

Same situation here. I've verified my email address, confirmed that it's the same email that I used in the kickstarter (I have several old emails about unclaimed pledges linked to that address), but the pledges and rewards section of my account is completely empty. I've contacted support, haven't heard back yet. I imagine they're pretty busy right now but this sucks.
sea
Developer
badge image for 4o80c0.png

Looking into the email verification errors. Thanks for your patience guys!
Herold
Initiate

I think it's working! I have rewards!
DannyG
Initiate

Still can't verify my email. Wondering if I should just wait it out or put in a support query?

Edit: I put in a support ticket. Guess I'll have to wait a few more days before I'll get to play. Man, gonna be tough to avoid all these spoilers out right at the moment.
Herold
Initiate

Mine was verified today, so you might get lucky.
forever_lona
Initiate

I am also having this issue - I was able to get the e-mails marked as verified by logging in and logging out, but there are still no rewards showing on the page - I was hoping to surprise the other half by having it ready for him to play when he woke up, but no joy :(
Sunyavadin
Initiate

Exactly the same boat, been waiting since this morning for a response from support, who according to the support form will have clocked in only about 3 hours ago by my reckoning, and probably have a massive backlog of people experiencing this.
My inxile login and kickstarter login both have the same verified email address, kickstarter still shows my tier I backed it at as well as my backer number (Sad that they never provided the option to upgrade the pledge like a bunch of other kickstarters I've supported have done after the campaign closed via things like backerkit, as I got a steady income since the KS finished and would have loved to have gone for the physical items) - but on the inxile page, it still shows nothing on the rewards or pledge history pages, which I had always assumed would update from being blank once the game launched, to provide my key and the downloadable stuff from my tier of pledge.

(*edit* - it's also sad they never sent any further emails regarding their suggestion of adding the option to upgrade the pledge to also get a console code as well as the PC code, as I was really interested in doing this. I guess the survey showed insufficient interest?)
Sunyavadin
Initiate

Is it possible to just PM one of the support staffers here my backer number and have them double check why I've got no rewards showing?
daemonunholy
Initiate

I have no way to get a key from the rewards section either. It simply says

You haven't selected any rewards.

It shows everything else as verified. What can I do?
prajmen
Initiate

just got a reply on my support ticket and it reads as followed.

"Thanks for reaching out. We updated out Torment backer web site last night for the release of the game, but in the process, a bug was introduced on it where newly-verified users would not always receive their rewards correctly. This has been resolved and you should now be seeing your rewards on your account.

i have now been able to claim my rewards and i suspect that soon it will be the case of everyone in this thread.
PalikkaApina
Initiate

Still no rewards for me, I can see my pledge but no rewards. Clicking on 'Claim Transactions' does nothing.
I put up a support ticket yesterday, no response yet as they must be pretty busy.
I think my mistake was that I had forgotten to confirm email registration. Strangely though I can see my pledge just fine, just no rewards.

Hoping to get my game for the weekend. I really, really, really, REALLY loved Planescape: Torment :)
Sunyavadin
Initiate

At this point I'm just feeling ripped off. Certainly will never back any projects by them in future. Very glad now that no option was ever presented for upgrading pledges, since the last thing I'd have wanted would be for them to have even more of my money and me to be left with nothing.

Return to “TTON: Technical Help”