Lazaret unable to complete - new 1.1.0 game

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Dork Mage
Scholar

Re: Lazaret unable to complete - new 1.1.0 game

Post by Dork Mage » September 29th, 2017, 8:14 am

You don't have to kill everything - I have managed to just kill one and stealth the rest.

Serjo
Explorer

Post by Serjo » October 30th, 2017, 3:44 pm

In a bit of gentle prodding, I'd like to note that this bug has cost inXile at least one sale, and possibly a lot more:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/272270/di ... 9034738420

troybpierce
Initiate

Post by troybpierce » October 31st, 2017, 7:40 am

I'm playing on PS4, and I just attempted this quest last night for the first time. I approached it with dread after reading about this bug online, but fortunately I did not come across the bug. It actually worked for me, and I used the stealth method.

I only brought two characters (I thought I would be more likely to be detected if I had 4 characters). I only brought The Last Castoff (a Nano) and Rhin.

After the first dialogue with the red robot, we started running north. A crisis was immediately initiated, but I turned both my characters invisible on their very first turn. Then I just ran north to the 1st computer thing, east to the 2nd, west to the 3rd, and then south to the 4th (which is somewhat hidden). I did all of this while still in combat, but both my characters were invisible the whole time and we didn't kill a single robot.

After activating the 4th computer thing (found to the south of the map), all enemies became non-hostile. I returned to the quest giver (forgot her name), and the quest successfully completed and was removed from my quest log.

I did not kill a single robot and I used stealth the entire time.

So on PS4, this quest can be successfully completed using stealth. Just make sure you don't kill a single robot (maybe that's what glitches it for some people???).

SoulsCollective
Initiate

Post by SoulsCollective » November 12th, 2017, 12:24 am

Glad to hear it works right on at least one platform! :P

Unfortunately, for me at least, and per the OP, not killing any of the Peerless drones makes no difference.

kilobug
Adventurer

Post by kilobug » November 12th, 2017, 1:58 am

I finished the game 3 times in total, and only once I got stuck in that quest and had to reload and retry it, but I'm not sure exactly what was the difference in my 4 attempts... in every attempt I killed some but not all of Peerless drones, and as far I can remember (but I might be wrong on that one) and I always did the "red robot stuck on the wall" mid-way towards purging the nodes... so not sure exactly what are the conditions to trigger the bug...

Maybe could someone of inXile who has access to the code give us more hints on how to avoid the bug, if they can't release a patch due to lack of time/money ?

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » November 14th, 2017, 8:14 am

I can at least confirm troy's workaround - I did a version of what he did on the PC version. I stealthed all my characters and then used two of them (Rhin and the Castoff) to deactivate everything. I didn't trigger the bug.

troybpierce
Initiate

Post by troybpierce » November 14th, 2017, 3:15 pm

I just finished my second playthrough of the game on PS4, and once again I did not encounter this bug.

The only difference was that I was a jack this time, not a nano. I still only used two characters (my jack and Rhin). We turned invisible immediately when combat started, and I did it in the exact same order as my last playthrough (north 1st, east 2nd, west 3rd, and south last). I did not kill a single robot.

So I did not encounter the bug on either of my playthroughs.