Lazaret unable to complete - new 1.1.0 game

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

SoulsCollective
Initiate

Lazaret unable to complete - new 1.1.0 game

Post by SoulsCollective » May 18th, 2017, 11:38 pm

Similar to the issues raised in this thread, among numerous others on these and the Steam forums, I am unable to complete the 'The Anechoic Lazaret' quest.
  • Win10 Pro x64, Steam files verified, started new game with 1.1.0 patch
  • Quest log stuck on 'Clear out '"Peerless" drones' - "It won't be safe for Salimeri to work here until the hostile drones are destroyed, Peerless is purged from the internal systems of the lazaret, and I've dealt with the source of the infestation"
  • No drones were harmed, first two pillars interacted with in stealth and then purged, embedded Peerless drone body interacted with and disabled, third pillar interacted with and purged.
  • All drones inside the lazaret show red upon initially loading save, then fade to yellow (non-hostile), but Crisis music continues to play in background.
  • All pillars glow green, have dispensed healing, and do not give any further dialogue options.
  • I understand from reading guides online that Qorro should have met me just inside the first room, but he was not there - instead, the group (flock?) of murdens were present.
  • Salimeri dialogue does not recognise any aspect of completion of this quest, unlike other reports I have seen where it is possible to obtain the extra reward for not destroying the drones without the quest completing.
  • All drones - the large number of 'Inscrutable drones" and the two "Disabled drones" - are motile and not 'stuck' to the floor, unlike other reports I have seen.
Quite disappointing that I see so many bug reports about this quest, comments from devs that it will be fixed next patch, and yet still appears broken.

phimseto
Developer

Re: Lazaret unable to complete - new 1.1.0 game

Post by phimseto » May 19th, 2017, 7:35 am

Hi Souls, if you are hitting the bug with a new game using the new patch, please submit your save via a support ticket here: https://inxile-entertainment.com/support

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » May 19th, 2017, 8:16 am

SoulsCollective wrote:
May 18th, 2017, 11:38 pm
  • I understand from reading guides online that Qorro should have met me just inside the first room, but he was not there - instead, the group (flock?) of murdens were present.
On my playthrough I only met Qorro on exit, after Crisis was resolved. Despite how much quests you do in a city (though, I didn't rest before entering Lazareth) Qorro is always late.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

SoulsCollective
Initiate

Post by SoulsCollective » May 19th, 2017, 10:26 pm

phimseto wrote:
May 19th, 2017, 7:35 am
Hi Souls, if you are hitting the bug with a new game using the new patch, please submit your save via a support ticket here: https://inxile-entertainment.com/support
Done - ticket number 1243.

SoulsCollective
Initiate

Post by SoulsCollective » May 20th, 2017, 12:53 am

phimseto wrote:
As this is (to my knowledge) the only outstanding quest remaining from Sagus Cliffs before I travel to the Valley, which I am led to believe from game dialogue I will not be able to return from (trying to avoid reading guides/walkthroughs other than confirming above that I am experiencing a bug in completing the Lazaret quest), I'm sort of stuck not being able to play the game any further until this is resolved.

I note that this thread offers a solution to 'complete' this quest by editing game files - can you confirm that this method is still valid for patch 1.1.0 and will not cause issues further down the track?

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » May 26th, 2017, 2:34 pm

SoulsCollective wrote:
May 20th, 2017, 12:53 am
phimseto wrote:
As this is (to my knowledge) the only outstanding quest remaining from Sagus Cliffs before I travel to the Valley, which I am led to believe from game dialogue I will not be able to return from (trying to avoid reading guides/walkthroughs other than confirming above that I am experiencing a bug in completing the Lazaret quest), I'm sort of stuck not being able to play the game any further until this is resolved.

I note that this thread offers a solution to 'complete' this quest by editing game files - can you confirm that this method is still valid for patch 1.1.0 and will not cause issues further down the track?
I can't confirm it. It might be worth reaching out to the player who put it together, though.

coffee fiend
Initiate

Post by coffee fiend » June 6th, 2017, 6:37 am

I've run into this as well. AND I think I know the cause of it now.

I went back to save from before I changed all 3 pillars and tried again. It still didn't work.
At the end I had 4 or 5 drones converted to inscrutable.

So I reloaded the save and decided to try killing a few other drones rather than leaving them to convert.
I noticed that one drone in particular that I had left alive "talked" when it attacked where as the rest did not.
I killed it. Then finished the pillars and the trapped drone.
This time the quest completed!

My guess is there is at least one drone you must kill to complete this.
So the victory condition doesn't check just that you disabled the trapped drone and freed the pillars, I think it also checks if at least one specific drone is dead or not.

This is a drone in the southern/lower area of the map. Probably where the devs expected people to go first.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » June 6th, 2017, 6:42 am

I'll pass along your note to the devs.

SoulsCollective
Initiate

Post by SoulsCollective » June 7th, 2017, 5:27 am

Do we have any update or ETA on fixing this?

As stated above, this is the only content I have left uncompleted before leaving Sagus, so until this is fixed I effectively can't play any further. For a bug that's apparently been 'fixed' several times now, it's quite frustrating to still have these issues - particularly after I scrapped my older save and started again just to get it to work right this time.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » June 7th, 2017, 8:39 am

Souls, I'm honestly not sure what the ETA is. I did receive your save (and others) for the devs to look at.

Cantello
Initiate

Post by Cantello » June 15th, 2017, 1:30 am

Same here. Attacked the drones, killed a few, disabled the rest with the pillars. Now I am left with three activated pillars, one inscrutable drone and two disabled drones, which I cannot attack and cannot finish the quest either.

Last quest in Sagus so am a bit stumped.

Newly started 1.10 game on Win7 x64.

SoulsCollective
Initiate

Post by SoulsCollective » June 15th, 2017, 9:53 pm

phimseto wrote:
June 7th, 2017, 8:39 am
Souls, I'm honestly not sure what the ETA is. I did receive your save (and others) for the devs to look at.
It is now a further month since this thread was started, and I'm still unable to continue in the game.

An update would be appreciated.

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » June 16th, 2017, 7:49 am

Hi Souls, thanks for checking in. Unfortunately, there isn't a timeline on this being fixed. The best I can offer is that this thread viewtopic.php?f=47&t=17940 seems to have a working fix that is still valid for the 1.1.0 build of the game.

SoulsCollective
Initiate

Post by SoulsCollective » June 18th, 2017, 4:05 am

phimseto wrote:
June 16th, 2017, 7:49 am
Hi Souls, thanks for checking in. Unfortunately, there isn't a timeline on this being fixed. The best I can offer is that this thread viewtopic.php?f=47&t=17940 seems to have a working fix that is still valid for the 1.1.0 build of the game.
You have linked back to this thread...?

If you meant to link to this one, I had asked you above whether you could confirm that this will a) function and b) not screw up game progression later, but you had stated there that you were unable to confirm either. As I've already restarted once to try and resolve the Lazaret bugs, I am disinclined to do anything that might cause further issues later on and require another restart. Are you able to comment on this?

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » June 19th, 2017, 12:18 pm

The answer is yes based on feedback we've gotten from people who have done it.

Lgum
Initiate

Post by Lgum » August 6th, 2017, 2:33 pm

I have a similar bug:

- I run the group south towards some drones and the crisis is initiated
- After the initial attacks, I put all characters into hiding (successfully)
- Afterwards I stroll towards the southern pillar and disable it, and then all the others (the drones meanwhile remain static)
- I then disable the rogue-drone with quick fingers
- At this point, the quest log tells me to get rid of the last peerless drones - but there aren't any (at this point, not a single drone has died because I went into hiding the moment the crisis starts). Additionally, at least two characters remain hidden and it appears that I am still in combat. I can only move the last castoff around - but in 'realtime'. There are no turns.
- I go upstairs and Qorro appears and I can interact with him
- I can also finish the quest - but the problem is, that I cannot save anymore because the two characters remain hidden and I cannot exit the crisis/combat

So far I tried to do this twice and it happened both times. I can supply the save game (before the combat starts) if needed.

Edit: I've managed to work around this by sneaking to the southern pillar with three characters, and the fourth sneaking north. After activating the southern and northern pillar, one drone comes looking to the southern pillar and I kill the drone with my three characters, un-hiding them. The fourth character then goes to the last pillar and activates it, which un-hides the character, thus enabling me to save again.

Director
Initiate

Post by Director » August 8th, 2017, 2:02 am

I have also hit this bug. I have submitted a save game in ticket #2008.

All three towers are purged and the peerless drone as been disabled, but the quest does not advance.

It's extremely disheartening to encounter a bug this seemingly major, this early in the game.

Serjo
Explorer

Post by Serjo » August 11th, 2017, 4:06 am

The quest has been bugged since the first Early Access Build. I think they might be unable to fix it.

SoulsCollective
Initiate

Post by SoulsCollective » September 19th, 2017, 7:18 pm

Unsurprisingly, it is now four months since I started this thread, and there has been no sign of any fix - or any activity at all on the part of the developer.

Still stuck in the very early game, and extremely disappointed.

Artsfalcon
Initiate

Post by Artsfalcon » September 28th, 2017, 7:14 pm

Seems the only way to really avoid this bug is to KILL everything then activate the nodes.

Seems like all the playtesters tried was attacking. No stealth or careful movement at all!
Worse for ps4 users.