Backer Outfit Upgrade on GOG?

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

sear
Developer

Re: Backer Outfit Upgrade on GOG?

Post by sear » March 14th, 2017, 10:21 am

Firkraag wrote:One of the outfits has this bug, when your Cypher Limit does change only after you close and open Inventory again.
This is currently a known UI bug with all equipment that boosts cypher limit, IIRC.

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » March 14th, 2017, 12:42 pm

sear wrote:
Firkraag wrote:One of the outfits has this bug, when your Cypher Limit does change only after you close and open Inventory again.
This is currently a known UI bug with all equipment that boosts cypher limit, IIRC.
Got it.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

Captain Rage
Initiate

Post by Captain Rage » March 14th, 2017, 4:04 pm

Very nice! Thank you! On the bright side, we got the armors added to the game. The downside is, the developers deprived us of the pleasure of using that shiny last '+REDEEM' button. Will this patch be added to GoG, for the sake of consistency? Or will the redeem button be left completely redundant....?! The horror....!

Skysect
Initiate

Post by Skysect » March 14th, 2017, 4:32 pm

Captain Rage wrote:Very nice! Thank you! On the bright side, we got the armors added to the game. The downside is, the developers deprived us of the pleasure of using that shiny last '+REDEEM' button. Will this patch be added to GoG, for the sake of consistency? Or will the redeem button be left completely redundant....?! The horror....!

Patch file is only creating those files in their respective directories

outfits_enabled.txt
TidesOfNumenera_Data\StreamingAssets\data\dlc\2ea7378e-99a1-45cf-befb-de30a578107c
TidesOfNumenera_Data\StreamingAssets\data\dlc\3b5b5a48-59ef-40a7-abbd-4a3301d9a99f
TidesOfNumenera_Data\StreamingAssets\data\dlc\4b8e4b08-6144-442c-915d-514666669bb8
TidesOfNumenera_Data\StreamingAssets\data\dlc\854dbcf1-8376-4e60-8e99-a3beea7b2ea0

And all of those files are pure text files . So I can't see any reason for backer portal specific installer .

GOG backers need to get it as GOG installer .

Captain Rage
Initiate

Post by Captain Rage » March 15th, 2017, 1:38 am

Skysect wrote:And all of those files are pure text files . So I can't see any reason for backer portal specific installer .

It was meant as a joke. However, for the sake of consistency it would be nice to have it on GoG also (everything related to running and installing the game in one single place). Yeah, it can be an installer on GoG. Now it looks like there is a redeem button with only an option for Steam, which looks a bit confusing. I guess I'll just leave it there! We received a simple way to activate our content, so I won't complain. Game on.

Skysect
Initiate

Post by Skysect » March 15th, 2017, 12:23 pm

Captain Rage wrote:
Skysect wrote:And all of those files are pure text files . So I can't see any reason for backer portal specific installer .

It was meant as a joke. However, for the sake of consistency it would be nice to have it on GoG also (everything related to running and installing the game in one single place). Yeah, it can be an installer on GoG. Now it looks like there is a redeem button with only an option for Steam, which looks a bit confusing. I guess I'll just leave it there! We received a simple way to activate our content, so I won't complain. Game on.
I won't complain at least we got it but I want an official statement . Is it coming as GOG installer too ? or it's only format we could get it ?

Captain Rage
Initiate

Post by Captain Rage » March 16th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Yeah, you are right. Now the GoG page looks a little empty without it. I hope it will be added to GoG.

Blobfish Mastermind
Initiate

Post by Blobfish Mastermind » March 16th, 2017, 12:57 pm

Provided solution does not work on my computer (OSX 10.12.3)
Got "./BackerOutfit_mac: cannot execute binary file" error
(I did chmod 777 the file and put in into Torment application root folder, and sudoed the command)

EmperorShadow
Initiate

Post by EmperorShadow » July 2nd, 2017, 4:35 pm

Using a Mac OS 10.12.5, and keeps telling me that it cannot find Torment: Tides of Numenera, regardless of where I put the BackerOutfit_mac file. Please help. Thank you.

MaineBlaine
Initiate

Post by MaineBlaine » July 10th, 2017, 6:48 pm

Same problem here, tells me that it can't find the installation directory, tried pointing it at the current directory, directly at the .app file, etc, no luck.