Lazaret unable to complete - new 1.1.0 game

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

SoulsCollective
Initiate

Lazaret unable to complete - new 1.1.0 game

Post by SoulsCollective » May 18th, 2017, 11:38 pm

Similar to the issues raised in this thread, among numerous others on these and the Steam forums, I am unable to complete the 'The Anechoic Lazaret' quest.
  • Win10 Pro x64, Steam files verified, started new game with 1.1.0 patch
  • Quest log stuck on 'Clear out '"Peerless" drones' - "It won't be safe for Salimeri to work here until the hostile drones are destroyed, Peerless is purged from the internal systems of the lazaret, and I've dealt with the source of the infestation"
  • No drones were harmed, first two pillars interacted with in stealth and then purged, embedded Peerless drone body interacted with and disabled, third pillar interacted with and purged.
  • All drones inside the lazaret show red upon initially loading save, then fade to yellow (non-hostile), but Crisis music continues to play in background.
  • All pillars glow green, have dispensed healing, and do not give any further dialogue options.
  • I understand from reading guides online that Qorro should have met me just inside the first room, but he was not there - instead, the group (flock?) of murdens were present.
  • Salimeri dialogue does not recognise any aspect of completion of this quest, unlike other reports I have seen where it is possible to obtain the extra reward for not destroying the drones without the quest completing.
  • All drones - the large number of 'Inscrutable drones" and the two "Disabled drones" - are motile and not 'stuck' to the floor, unlike other reports I have seen.
Quite disappointing that I see so many bug reports about this quest, comments from devs that it will be fixed next patch, and yet still appears broken.

phimseto
Developer

Re: Lazaret unable to complete - new 1.1.0 game

Post by phimseto » May 19th, 2017, 7:35 am

Hi Souls, if you are hitting the bug with a new game using the new patch, please submit your save via a support ticket here: https://inxile-entertainment.com/support

Firkraag
Adventurer

Post by Firkraag » May 19th, 2017, 8:16 am

SoulsCollective wrote:
May 18th, 2017, 11:38 pm
  • I understand from reading guides online that Qorro should have met me just inside the first room, but he was not there - instead, the group (flock?) of murdens were present.
On my playthrough I only met Qorro on exit, after Crisis was resolved. Despite how much quests you do in a city (though, I didn't rest before entering Lazareth) Qorro is always late.
"I am a warhead of weaponized Truth." The Last Castoff (non-canon).

"Colin's period as Jesus was an interesting time." © Brother_None

SoulsCollective
Initiate

Post by SoulsCollective » May 19th, 2017, 10:26 pm

phimseto wrote:
May 19th, 2017, 7:35 am
Hi Souls, if you are hitting the bug with a new game using the new patch, please submit your save via a support ticket here: https://inxile-entertainment.com/support
Done - ticket number 1243.

SoulsCollective
Initiate

Post by SoulsCollective » May 20th, 2017, 12:53 am

phimseto wrote:
As this is (to my knowledge) the only outstanding quest remaining from Sagus Cliffs before I travel to the Valley, which I am led to believe from game dialogue I will not be able to return from (trying to avoid reading guides/walkthroughs other than confirming above that I am experiencing a bug in completing the Lazaret quest), I'm sort of stuck not being able to play the game any further until this is resolved.

I note that this thread offers a solution to 'complete' this quest by editing game files - can you confirm that this method is still valid for patch 1.1.0 and will not cause issues further down the track?

phimseto
Developer

Post by phimseto » May 26th, 2017, 2:34 pm

SoulsCollective wrote:
May 20th, 2017, 12:53 am
phimseto wrote:
As this is (to my knowledge) the only outstanding quest remaining from Sagus Cliffs before I travel to the Valley, which I am led to believe from game dialogue I will not be able to return from (trying to avoid reading guides/walkthroughs other than confirming above that I am experiencing a bug in completing the Lazaret quest), I'm sort of stuck not being able to play the game any further until this is resolved.

I note that this thread offers a solution to 'complete' this quest by editing game files - can you confirm that this method is still valid for patch 1.1.0 and will not cause issues further down the track?
I can't confirm it. It might be worth reaching out to the player who put it together, though.