Major Bug: Combat abilities without target does not work (Jack bug?)

If you need assistance with a technical issue, this forum is for you. Specifically for help with Torment: ToN itself. Spoilers are allowed, but spoiler warning tags are recommended.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

hypertypen
Initiate

Major Bug: Combat abilities without target does not work (Jack bug?)

Post by hypertypen » April 21st, 2017, 2:53 am

I had this problem initially (original post):
I am new to the forum so this may be a known bug. When playing Tides on Xbox One, I recently acquired Matkina. However, I discovered in the first crisis encountered that she was unable to use hide, I could not spend effort or even activate hide. I rebooted the Xbox and restarted the game, but the bug persisted. I tried a different crisis and the bug was still there. This is starting to annoy me, because I would like to use Matkina as a companion and she fits the story well, but without hiding she looses much of her damage and usefulness. I have no problem using hide on my main Jack or on Rhin. Is this something someone else has experienced? Is there a solution? I am thankful for any suggestions!
However, the problem has increased dramatically. It happened after I kicked Matkina from the group, her "bug" seems to have spread. Now I cannot use any combat abilities on either my main Jack or Matkina which has no target (f e area effects or most importantly hide). I cannot play the game at its current state. I have done the following: restarted the game, loaded previous save file from when it worked, uninstalled/reinstalled and so forth to no avail. I am issuing a warning to all Xbox players, I have no idea if this is limited to Jacks. I have reported this issue in the link below.

I feel like I need to add that I love this game, but I do not think it is playable at the moment. In all honesty, paying 60€ for an unplayable game, however much I think you have done a fantastic job in many fields, feels like being cheated. I hope you are able to stay on top of the bugs so that you do not lose momentum, I hope this game will be a success (when working)!

Ps. I experienced another bug earlier today when I could not interact with anything (doors, things etc) but that was restored by restarting the game.
Last edited by hypertypen on April 22nd, 2017, 6:03 am, edited 2 times in total.

phimseto
Developer

Re: Matkina cannot hide (minor spoiler)

Post by phimseto » April 21st, 2017, 9:49 am

Please send us a bug report here, thanks! https://inxile-entertainment.com/support

We'll take a look. As much detail as you can give us on exactly how it isn't working would help.

hypertypen
Initiate

Re: Matkina cannot hide (minor spoiler)

Post by hypertypen » April 21st, 2017, 10:42 am

Thank you, a report has been sent.