Why did they remove Edge stat from pen and paper version?

Check here to discuss Torment's gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

xirr2000
Initiate

Why did they remove Edge stat from pen and paper version?

Post by xirr2000 » July 29th, 2017, 9:16 am

Trying to get on board with this game, but the combat mechanics really seem clunky. I know the game is not about combat, but with all the amazing effort they put into everything else, you'd think they would make the combat a little better.

I'm in the very early stages of the game so maybe I haven't given it a good shot yet, but so far the combat seems to use Might, Speed and Intellect Pool points to power anything worth doing, but that using these stats burns through points very fast. Within a few rounds of combat, my characters are spent and useless and I feel they can't do anything anymore.

The pen and paper version of the game had a stat called edge, which reduced the amount of pool points you had to spend in certain areas. This seems like this would have made things last longer and resolved some issues I'm having with my character being a spent battery. Also, it is unclear how or where I need to go to recharge my pool points. Any advice on how I can increase the longevity of my character in combat or recover pool points at least? Thanks for any useful advice!

Dork Mage
Scholar

Re: Why did they remove Edge stat from pen and paper version?

Post by Dork Mage » July 29th, 2017, 4:20 pm

Find a place to sleep to restore points (some purchase items and "trash" restores points).

Edge points are available when you level-up. You get a maximum of one edge point increase per level - there are some items that will permanently increase edge.