What if you don't have tidal surge? [spoilers]

Check here to discuss Torment's gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Haran
Initiate

What if you don't have tidal surge? [spoilers]

Post by Haran » April 2nd, 2017, 8:51 am

What happens if you reach the point where the specter says "I'm the changing god and give me control" and you haven't acquired the tidal affinity skill? It seems there's no way out of this other than the [tidal surge] dialogue option. Is it even possible to reach this point without tidal affinity? Or do you get it from the dendra ohur guy no matter which dialogue options you choose?

Hawke64
Novice

Re: What if you don't have tidal surge? [spoilers]

Post by Hawke64 » April 2nd, 2017, 9:37 am

I think, it's possible to convince him to let you be for now. On the 2nd playthrough after I used the Words of Qua, guilt-trip and all dialogue options possible, he was weakened enough and just left.

Jernaugh
Scholar

Post by Jernaugh » April 2nd, 2017, 11:21 am

I have a similar question. In the endgame, there is a certain situation in a small room where you must interact with an object in order to progress. In my playthrough, the only option I had was to use Tidal Surge. What happens there if you don't have the ability?

Hawke64
Novice

Post by Hawke64 » April 3rd, 2017, 7:19 am

I guess, another option appears (the player has to progress somehow), but I've never been there without Tidal Surge, so can't say for sure.

Sashka loves Evan
Initiate

Post by Sashka loves Evan » April 16th, 2017, 9:19 am

I just gave Rhin to Tol (slave owner), and she taught me tidal. I bought Rhin back, so, *shrug*, its a quick way to learn it.