Sending Rhin home

Check here to discuss Torment's gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

kuparikettu
Initiate

Sending Rhin home

Post by kuparikettu » March 8th, 2017, 11:26 am

Hello everyone,

I have been really enjoying this game over the past few days :)

However, now I have come across a sort of an impasse. I'm in Bloom and found out how to send Rhin back to her home dimension. My question is, is there really no other way to achieve this except by ruining my relationship to another companion? Having worked tirelessly to nurture relationships to all companions I can't help but to feel a bit disappointed if this is how it's going to work. :|

Poganin
Initiate

Re: Sending Rhin home

Post by Poganin » March 8th, 2017, 2:34 pm

You can ask her to stay with you instead of letting her go home.

But think of it like this. She's pretty much a little girl, she's trusted you implicitly to look after her since you took responsibility for her well-being by keeping her at your side. Now comes an opportunity to actually have her go back to her real parents, her family that she ran away from for a silly, childish reason. Can you really deny that to her?

Vizera
Initiate

Post by Vizera » March 8th, 2017, 7:56 pm

There is a man a few feet away who will be happy to open the gate for you in place of a companion.
He mistakes you for the changing god who he apparently owes a favor.
In any case, i am not sure if using a companion actually affects their opinion of you.

kuparikettu
Initiate

Post by kuparikettu » March 9th, 2017, 3:22 am

Poganin wrote: But think of it like this. She's pretty much a little girl, she's trusted you implicitly to look after her since you took responsibility for her well-being by keeping her at your side. Now comes an opportunity to actually have her go back to her real parents, her family that she ran away from for a silly, childish reason. Can you really deny that to her?
Exactly, and that's what is tormenting me ;) I definitely want to send her home. Not having the chance to discuss the price with those who have to pay it (that is, the companions who might start hating the PC for it) seems like an impossible decision to make...

kuparikettu
Initiate

Post by kuparikettu » March 9th, 2017, 3:26 am

Vizera wrote:There is a man a few feet away who will be happy to open the gate for you in place of a companion.
He mistakes you for the changing god who he apparently owes a favor.
In any case, i am not sure if using a companion actually affects their opinion of you.
Yes, there is Wondon (?). In order to send Rhin home one has to open the maw twice: First time for Rhin to see why Tozon is familiar, second time to actually send her home.

But I guess I'll have to test how it's going to affect a companion. If Wondon's behavior after feeding off him is of any indicator, things won't be pretty afterwards...

Varana
Initiate

Post by Varana » March 12th, 2017, 1:14 am

Another option is the Transdimensional Scalpel. Sounds worse than it turns out to be.
Therefore I have sailed the seas and come
To the holy city of Byzantium. -W.B. Yeats

kuparikettu
Initiate

Post by kuparikettu » March 15th, 2017, 9:58 am

Varana wrote:Another option is the Transdimensional Scalpel. Sounds worse than it turns out to be.
Thanks! This solved everything, Rhin got home. :D

Solomize
Novice

Post by Solomize » March 24th, 2017, 2:51 pm

The "ruining a relationship" option did not seem to have any implication. Did that with Callistege, she "adored" me just before, she "adored" me just after.. endgame did not mention it.. I'm still not sure what this event in the Bloom was about.

juklik
Initiate

Post by juklik » April 18th, 2017, 5:43 am

Came across sending Rhin home yesterday and I need to say I was pretty upset realizing she left with all (healing) items in her inventory, does not seem right