Conversation log?

Check here to discuss Torment's gameplay topics. Please avoid spoilers in thread titles.

Moderator: Memovira Goons

Aotrs Commander
Initiate

Conversation log?

Post by Aotrs Commander » March 5th, 2017, 11:40 am

I've not been playing long so far - only started playing today - , but it is engaging. One thing, though, I have noticed (perhaps because I was so recently playing Pillars of Eternity) - is there no conversation log? I am used to being able to at least look back up to what the last conversation was once it's ended, just as reminder of what things were said.

(Now, I grant you, TToN does seem to be doing the PS;T thing of allowing largely endless repeats of the dialogue - noticably more so than PoE or Tyranny, as leats so far, which does go some way to allieviate the problem.)

If such a feature does not exist, maybe it might be something that might be looked at somewhere down the line, maybe?

It's not a deal-breaker or anything, but as I say, it's just something I have never given any thought to previously, but was apparently so prevalent in the old IE (and PoE and Tyranny) that I didn't really notice it until its apparent lack...

Grampybone
Acolyte

Re: Conversation log?

Post by Grampybone » March 5th, 2017, 5:12 pm

I second this.

Not a big deal, but maybe even if we had a small window with the last convo to scroll through, would be helpful in certain situations.

UNLESS! Devs wanted us to make situational decisions, and make them based on what's in front of us and what we remember, and not what we have written down?

Jernaugh
Scholar

Post by Jernaugh » March 6th, 2017, 5:27 am

Yes please! I've accidentally skipped one or two final dialogue screens due to input lag and I have no way of seeing what was said, most notably at the conclusion of Tybir's quest in Sagus Cliffs. I also don't often have the time to sit down to play, so being able to refresh my memory after a week as to what happened 10 in-game minutes ago would be nice.

belsirk
Novice

Post by belsirk » March 6th, 2017, 9:18 am

Yeah, a log will be marvelous!

Because if you cannot play all the days, memory is evil with you.

Ok... maybe just a log of the last conversation